Item Crafting Suggestions

Surgical Scar

Thanks to Offkorn's delicious Workbench & Crafting Expansion, my neurons have been buzzing with ideas for delicious new bits and bobs to create and work into this mod.

God willing, when the G.E.C.K. comes out, I'll be able to get to work on actually making them.

Feel free to put up your suggestions for things you'd love to see, be they weapons, armour or other odds and ends.

My ideas so far:

Weaponry

Work In Progress Note:

All damages are approximate in relation to The Vault wiki's rundown of weapon values at 100% condition, 100 skill in relevant area and 10 points in their value-related stat. They will be edited to their correct 'base' value after playtesting.

Additional

I am no gurantee that any of the following ideas will ever actually be made. If you're reading this and have the drive and experience to make any of the follow, go right ahead and do so. Please.

Unarmed

The Ripfist

An unholy meeting of Power Fist and Ripper, creating a devastating hand-to-hand weapon, capable of carving through flesh like butter. Admittedly, the actual meshing of these two items is a little...temperamental, requiring frequent repairs to keep in good working condition. Nevertheless, when it's up and running, it's a beast.

DAM: 45

AP: 35

Parts

- Power Fist

- Ripper

- Wonderglue

- Microfusion Cell

~

Viper's Fangs

Silent, deadly and very, very nasty, the Viper's Fangs are Spiked Knuckles modified to deliver a dose of Radscorpion Poison with every hit, causing additional damage over time, making it a lethal addition to the hand-to-hand arsenal.

DAM: 13 (+8 poison for 8 secs)

AP: 20

Parts

- Spiked Knuckles

- Empty Syringe x 2

- Radscorpion Poison Gland

- Surgical Tubing

Melee Weapons

Jitterbug (omgwtf666)

Originally designed in Vault 101 by the over-zealous Officer Mack, the Overseer's 'Left Hand', a sadist and unquestioning monster. Still, at least one thing came of his well-deserved death - the plans for a prototype remodelling of the standard issue Baton, his pet project, found their way into the Wasteland.

On the surface, it looks like any other Pig Stick, but in fact, it can deliver a hefty 500kV whack, enough to seriously mess up anyone's day. As an added bonus, the shock can also cause temporary nerve-spasm, leaving the target helpless as you put the boot in.

Damn Hippies.

DAM: 15

AP: 25

Knockdown of 1 - 4 seconds on Critical Hit.

Parts

- Police Baton

- Fission Battery

- Conductor

- Scrap Metal

~

Sabretooth

The Sabretooth is the last word in hacking and slashing - extending the length and boosting the power of the common Ripper to resemble a Claymore on a two-week Psycho binge. It may be heavy and unwieldy, but my God, it makes a mess.

DAM: 45

AP: 80

Parts

- Ripper x 2

- Rake

- Microfusion Cell

- Leather Belt

Small Guns

Harpoon Gun (Miller_Heavy)

Because crossbows are for sissies. The harpoon gun is compact, quiet, and can put a six-inch length of metal-tipped wood right through you in even the most adverse conditions. Given the low-tech design, this adds a good degree of durability to an already effective weapons. A must-have for the self made Ninja.

DAM: 35

AP: 40

Capacity: 1

Ammo: Harpoons

Parts

- Crutch

- Leaf Blower

- Firehose Nozzle

- Surgical Tubing

Ammo

- Pool Cue

- Lawnmower Blade

- Leather Belt

- Wonderglue

(Makes 3 harpoons)

~

Nail Driver

Rail Spikes are nasty at best. However, the one saving grace for the enemy was that the Railway Rifle was fairly inaccurate unless properly aimed, and even then, it was a little hit-and-miss. However, some clever chap has found a way to punch a spike through a Raider's eye socket at over 100 yards, with enough precision to choose between iris or pupil at whim. Still, given the very precise nature of the Nail Driver, the accuracy and power is offset by a single-shot mechanism and a high amount of concentration demanded to aim correctly.

DAM: 65

AP: 75

Capacity: 1

Ammo: Rail Spikes

Parts

- Sniper Rifle

- Railway Rifle

- Firehose Nozzle

- Tweezers

Big Guns

The Large Bore Scap Cannon (L.B.S.C.), aka: The 'Fly Swatter'

Built out of heavy-duty industria-grade parts, the Large Bore Scrap Cannon, or 'Fly Swatter', as it has been ironically nicknamed, does one thing very, very well. Fire four-inch, custom-made, solid steel slugs with enough velocity to punch through just about anything. It may be inaccurate as hell, it may be heavy and awkward to use due to the over-and-under shotgun design, but when something gets hit, it stays hit.

DAM: 80

AP: 35

Parts

- Combat Shotgun x 2

- Steam Gauge Assembly

- Fission Battery

- Conductor

Capacity: 2

Ammo: 101mm Slugs

Ammo

- Scrap Metal

- Tin Can x 2

- Turpentine

- Abraxo Cleaner

(Makes 2 slugs)

Energy Weapons

'The Pelican' Wide Refraction Laser

Beginning life as a conceptual industrial tool, the Pelican was intended to be used to atomize imperfections, dirt and inconsistencies on large sheets of metal and other materials by emitting low-grade pulse waves that would theoretically eliminate all matter not within specific parameters.

Several field tests and half a dozen researchers later, the project was scrapped. However, the plans found a home in the violent wasteland, where the ability to vapourize an entire herd of charging Mole Rats with a sustained, wide blast of laser energy was seen as a good thing.

AP: 10

DAM: 10 per second

Capacity: 20

Ammo: Microfusion Cells

Parts

- Laser Rifle

- Camera

- Conductor

- Fission Battery x 2

Explosives

Bug Bomb (omgwtf666)

They may be ugly little critters, but they can be useful. The Bug Bomb may be a morbid idea, but in execution, it works like a charm. Once released, the Bug Bomb actively hunts down prey - once it gets close enough, the exposives activate automatically.

DAM: 150

AP: n/a

Parts

- Trained Radroach

- Bottlecap Mine

- Sensor Module

- Energy Cell

Notes: This isn't a weapon per ce, but an item that spawns a friendly Radroach with an explosive attack. It'll be a while before I work out how to do it.

~

Critter Grenades

After the experiments Moira Brown ran on her 'Repellent' against Mole Rats, and the over-entheusiastic reults, the investigation was scrapped. However, the results were nevertheless picked up on by the more enterprising members of the Wasteland. Now, with the right mix of animal meat and Chems, anyone is now able to manufacture low-grade, but efficient explosives.

DAM: 50

AP: 15

Parts

- Mole Rat Meat

- Tin Can x 5

- Jet

- Psycho

(Makes 5 grenades)

~

Dragon's Bait

Named after the mythical creatures of the Dark Ages, the Dragon's Bait mine is, in essence, a high-powered, flame-based device that doesn't cause damage through explosive force, but through a massive gout of omni-directional flame when triggered. However, given that this is rarely instantly fatal, it's often a very good idea to keep a good distance from any ignited targets. Still, it's great for setting fire to multiple enemies at once, or setting off Gas Pockets.

DAM: 5 for 20 Seconds

AP: n/a

Parts

- Frag Mine

- Leaf Blower

- Pilot Light

- Flamer Fuel x 20

~

D-Tox (Miller_Heavy & omgwtf666)

Some people, after the nuclear exchange, weren't too happy about chemical warfare. Still, why turn down a winning formula? Especially if it makes the opposition throw up their own lungs. This potent little cocktail of stimulants, neurotoxins and other assorted nasties, when released, forms a dense cloud that causes sustained damage to anything passing through it.

DAM: 20 per sec.

AP: 30

Parts

- Empty Nuka-Cola Bottle

- Mentats

- Radscorpion Venom Gland

- Abraxo Cleaner

Items

Backpack (Miller_Heavy)

Because there's always room for those last few bottles of Nuka Cola. The Backpack integrates seamlessly with your outfit, increasing your carrying capacity by 30lbs.

Parts

- Leather Belt x 2

- Leather Armor

- Lunchbox

- Wonderglue

~

Flashlight (omgwtf666)

A simple little device, incorporating the sophisticated lens array of the Laser Pistol to amplify light generated by the Pilot Light through the end of the bottle, creating a rudimentary flashlight. Plus, givens its sturdy casing, you can always beat someone over the head with it in a pinch.

Parts

- Lead Pipe

- Laser Pistol

- Energy Cell

- Pilot Light

~

Master Key (Miller_Heavy)

For the thief in a hurry, or the just plain inexperienced, why not just blow the lock open? This item replaces the 'Force Lock' option when picking a lock, improving the chance of a successful attempt by 20%. However, this does not mesh with the Infiltrator perk, so if it busts the lock, you're stuck.

Parts

- Cherry Bomb

- Scrap Metal

- Tin Can

- Abraxo Cleaner

~

Roach Ranch (omgwtf666)

Radroaches, for all their annoyance, are still simple creatures, and can be trained to accept food and be passive towards their owners. Getting them in place, however, can be tricky. That's where the Roach Ranch comes into play - simply set it down in a Radroach infested area and it'll attract and trap one. Then, all that's left is to strap on some explosives...

Parts

- Radroach Meat

- Wonderglue

- Turpentine

- Psycho

Notes: Theoretically, this would simply spawn a chunk of Radroach meat that would attact other Radroaches. Once they come into contact with it, the meat disappears and the Radroach turns into an Item, a 'Trained Radroach', that can be stored and treated like any other object.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, so youre making them, not just ideas, i missed that part :cool:

ok, heres one:

tracking bomb

same as bottlecap mine (or mine + sensor, sensor is important part) + toy car + fission battery...

if enemy comes close enough, mine tracks him o_O

i dont think it would be very useful, but it will be funny :happy:

Tracker Mine?

I guess perhaps if it was some fort of 'Drone' you could drive around, it could be useful - but it'd require some serious scripting to allow the player to dip in and out of a secondary playable character.

Still, not a bad idea if you want to detonate a mine around a corner without drawing attention to yourself. I'll put it up as a 'Theoretical'.

What if it were to have a much larger sensor radius than a regular mine, but since it would have a similar explosion radius, it would zoom over to them and then explode. Giving each mine a wider range of coverage with the same lethality. :)

ofcourse it needs larger sensor radius than regular mine, that was the idea :)

and ofcourse it would need AI, probably radroachs AI- if something gets close enough- go and attack it (and only way of attacking will be exploding yourself)

(omg! how about radroach with mine on his back! o_O)

only question is could you make a weapon that turns into a 'critter'?

i got idea from those lil bugs in HL, just added a toy car with sensor to make it 'craftable'...

I like how your ideas look so far. Keep it up! Anyone else have something to contribute?

It really is unfortunate we know so little about the GECK. Without something to speculate on, some of this is just wishful thinking right now. I heartily approve anyways!

Archived