[Creation Kit] Tempering Data Inquiry

SabinXL

Hi folks,

I'm creating a smithing mod and exploring some possibilities on how I can add modifications to crafted/tempered armor. My questions focus on tempering - specifically, whether or not I can give additional bonuses to tempered items apart from the raw armor/damage boosts. I dug around in the CK a bit and wasn't too successful in finding what I was looking for, so I figured this place was the next best resource for gathering information. Below are the questions:

• Is there any way to tell (through a script or a function) whether or not an item is tempered?
  • Is there any way to find out what tempering actually does and where the information is stored in the CK? (apart from the variables found in Gameplay > Settings, as this doesn't really get at what I'm looking for)

I have a solution to implement the kind of design I want by creating new items with additional keywords, but it's poor from a best practices standpoint and wouldn't want to do it unless I had no other choice. Hoping to leverage a "tempering state" for what I'm looking to achieve.

• 1 year later...

I've been checking the scripting part of creation kit because I want to create a smithing overhaul and while I was looking for an event upon creating a weapon/apparel I found a function that you might be interested in.

GetItemPercentHealth() in the ObjectReference script shows the smithed item's health.(I assume it's the temper value, with 0 being normal, haven't tested) So this way you could check whether the item health is above 0.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

• 1 year later...
From what I read in the wiki, 1 is normal, 1.1 and so forth to 1.6 is tempered(1.6 being legendary) I hope this helps!