Who here actually still plays EVE?

AReaver

I love your corp name Cpt Clueless :)

Which systems do you ninja in? I frequently do missions at Umokka, sometimes Motsu. You're welcome to salvage my missions if you see me around- just convo me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Akalan

Corp: VITOC

Active: more than is good for me, once I come back from moving house

SP: 230,000, (all in Drake failfit, level 5, Rifter canflipper, level 5, incompetant ninja salvager, level 5, cluelessness, level 5)

yes, people still do play EVE, hell, there are even 3 new people last time I checked, myself included, in my noob's opinion if it can survive 7 years in the same genre as WOW and still keep a big enough membership to keep pumping out new content, Im pretty sure it'll be here in another 7, so long as pcs and the internetz are :ninja: that and, with new stuff well on the way, and dust 514 soon to be released, i think we might even see an EVE resurgance, its got the gameplay and the graphics to do well even now, lets face it: dust 514 is an FPS, an online FPS, an online console FPS, and those tend to sell like hotcakes, chances are that it will bump the membership up a good deal when it comes out, with that up, some folks will come back-for a while atleast, bigger EVE

Name: Akalan

Corp: VITOC

Active: more than is good for me, once I come back from moving house

SP: 230,000, (all in Drake failfit, level 5, Rifter canflipper, level 5, incompetant ninja salvager, level 5, cluelessness, level 5)

yes, people still do play EVE, hell, there are even 3 new people last time I checked, myself included, in my noob's opinion if it can survive 7 years in the same genre as WOW and still keep a big enough membership to keep pumping out new content, Im pretty sure it'll be here in another 7, so long as pcs and the internetz are :ninja: that and, with new stuff well on the way, and dust 514 soon to be released, i think we might even see an EVE resurgance, its got the gameplay and the graphics to do well even now, lets face it: dust 514 is an FPS, an online FPS, an online console FPS, and those tend to sell like hotcakes, chances are that it will bump the membership up a good deal when it comes out, with that up, some folks will come back-for a while atleast, bigger EVE

I was under the impression that the Eve player base continues to grow steadily. Apparently there are more than 300k players now. When I started playing 2 years ago, there used to be a max. of 35k players online at peak times- and now this figure is 45k (up to 50k quite frequently). For me this is progress- and I note the difference the wider player base has made on trade (which is what I mainly do).

Fanatical Eve players (like me) take it for granted that Eve will be here forever and just keep getting better and bigger.

er.... I think you're off by about 10k Term. I distinctively remember it hitting 52k after Dominion in Dec.

A few days later it was 51.5k and somebody posted in the forums that the PCU was about to be broken again, and to log in all our alts :) This, some of us did- and promptly there was a server crash. All of eve thus turned to the forums for info and saw our thread about logging in our alts and we were flamed all the way to hell for causing the crash :)

Haven't seen too many >50k numbers since then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Name: Akaelan

Corp: Crimson Nation, working as a mercenary pve BS hunter.

Current alliance: Warped Aggression

SP: 1.8 million. all in combat skills.

Flying: passive Ferox, passive Rokh within a week.

Active, atleast weekly, on very regularly except when working and studying.

My favorite thing about EVE? its foolproof. Really good community and a learning curve that means the people around really are serious about the game.

Im currently working my way through a mighty slog skill training, but Im hot on the trail of a rokh, and then intending to be in a Tengu by the end of the year.

Flying: passive Ferox, passive Rokh within a week.

I flew a passive Ferox for a while. I presume you are into turrets thus your preference for the Ferox and the Rokh. Most battleships work better with active tanking, as you have more free low slots for damage modules. Not sure about the Rokh, as I've only used my Rokh for salvaging.

The Tengu is one of the best ships in the game, I am sure you'll love it. Though it works best for PvE with missiles. You get the drone bay if you opt for the turret offensive subsystem, but the DPS output is much better with heavy missiles. In fact heavy assault missiles are the best for DPS, but their short range makes them a pain to use. An (active tanked) Tengu with heavy missiles is unbelievable fun in PvE.