Adding an Acoustic Effect to Constructable Object

Creation Kit:

1. If it's an activator you can setup a looping sound in the object window by default

2.Otherwise use a looping script like

Event Onload()

while self.isenabled()

RugSound.playandwait(self)

endwhile

Endevent

3.Or just use the default "playsoundfx" script that might be better

I'll have to experiment with that. The problem I forsee is that it's not an actual sound marker, it's an acoustic marker. It's one of the markers that makes it sound like the player is indoors by partially muting outdoor sound.. So it's not actually generating sound, it's lowering the volume of the outdoor sounds.

My goal is a simple rug (or other object) that a player can place inside a structure to make it sound like it's indoors. The acoustic markers already exist in all the houses in Sanctuary and other locations. I just want to make them craftable.

Not sure if it will help, but you can add sounds in the form of AddOnNode directly in to your Nif file (using Nifscope). If what you want uses actual sound file, you can create new AddOnNode in the CK or check if there is one already and then add it in to the Nif.

Example is burning camp fire object from one of the game expansions. One of the AddOnNodes that you can find inside is a sound node.

You can find AddOnNodes under SpecialEffects in the CK. Check what sound file houses in Sanctuary are using and create AddOnNode that use it. Then add it to your rug in the Nifscope. It's done by using AddOnNode ID number (which should be unique so set it much higher then vanilla ones). There should be tutorials somewhere on Youtube of how to do it.

Edited by hruza