Dune, the movie or mini-series

Stampede

Which one did you like more?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which one did you like more?

• David Lynch's Dune
    • Dune-The Mini-Series

You bring up a good point AndrewJohn, the water of life was actually different in the film than what it was in the book. In the film its the bile of a new born worm, I can't quite remember, but in the book was it the water that a worm drowned in? Maybe somebody has read it more recently than me.

I've never seen the original Dune movie, but since I can't stand most tv series, I'd have to assume I would enjoy the movie more. To be honest, I can't believe I haven't seen Dune yet, I've seen a ton of movies, especially the classics. Somebody slap me!

You would most likely like the costumes better if nothing else in the movie. Admittedly it is quite hard to find the movie these days, whilst it's readily available on DVD it seems a bit pricey.

Having read the book and seen the film (but not the mini series) I like the film for its portrayl of the Dune universe almost as you imagin it from the books. As to why the film critics slated it maybe its becasue it was too long (they felt) to be seen by the masses (it was around 3 hrs) or that it didn't hold up exactly to what they saw Dune as in the books. This maybe why it is so hard to do a good film from book conversion, becasue no matter how good it is some people will still say it isn't true to the book.

As a case in point if LOTR had been made around the same time as Dune would it have been as good (consider their technologhy then in terms of CGI, make up editing etc). If you want to see the difference look at the Star Wars saga (Star Wars was made in the 80's - god some of you weren't even a twinkle in ylour dads eye then!) and the latest set of films (all CGI and flashy lightsaber duels)

To finish bet even LOTR had its critics when it came out.

:huh:

Archived