New to Morrowind.

sevad43

As a late comer to the Elder Scrolls Games my first venture into the series has been Skyrim and I would like to now play some of the others in the series. I have bought a new copy of Oblivian so all good there so my question is, is it even going to be possible to find a new copy of Morrowind as I would much prefer this. I have found secondhand copies but is buying a secondhand copy regarded as pirating? I definately don't want to go down that track if this is the case as I would like to use some mods from Nexus in my game.Does Morrowind need to activated through Steam etc. like Skyrim does and therefore have to be a brand new copy etc.

Apologies for my noobness just trying to do the right thing.

Buying a used/secondhand game is not pirating. Morrowind does not require online activation of any kind, unless you buy it on Steam, which of course has Steam's usual requirements. I'm not sure about new boxed copies, but I'd guess some should still be available, for instance on Amazon.

I bought a new copy of Morrowind (had never been opened) from Amazon. I don't know if this would be considered secondhand- but it was brand new and still sealed in the box. Also, it was GOTY Edition and so had the patches and expansions that are very necessary for many many of the best mods.

Just something to consider-

Have fun! I LOVE Morrowind!

Suzy

I don't know if this would be considered secondhand- but it was brand new and still sealed in the box.

For the record, that would not be considered secondhand. Only if it has been opened and installed by someone.