IDEA - Custom Ammo and Workbenches

LHammonds

The more I think about it, the less I like the idea of micro-managing the collection and counting of shells out in the field.

Whenever possible, I like to use the KISS principle and I think the best solution is to just manufacture new bullets rather than "reloading" empty shells.

The conversion system does need to exist so that other mods can make use of the base components. And along that thinking, I created another idea thread about Common Fallout Objects (ammo being a part of it).

The use of a perk and loss of material during conversion is a good idea. Maybe to the point of not having the perk causes a 50% conversion loss. And varying degrees of a "metallurgy" perk decreases it to a maximum of 10% loss during conversion.

Regarding salvageable components such as different kinds of receivers, I wouldn't think it would be so configurable that you could put any component with any other to create a new weapon such as having 3 of part A and 3 of part B for a possible combination of 9 weapons. Just the ability to have schematics that can pull from those parts which may be only two or three weapons.

LHammonds

Archived