GECK Dialogue Crashing?

DrPepper715

Hello,

In the GECK when I try to access an NPC's dialogue, the GECK crashes when I double click on the Topic Info "what the npc says" any help? it happens with any npc. I cant edit what he says or idle animations and I am trying to make a mod and it really :wallbash: ing.

Edited by DrPepper715

You need to have a microphone attached to your computer even if you are not going to do voice. Without a mic attached you will get this crash.

I should have added that this depends on your sound card chipset, but this does sound like your issue.

You need to have a microphone attached to your computer even if you are not going to do voice. Without a mic attached you will get this crash.

I should have added that this depends on your sound card chipset, but this does sound like your issue.

Thanks vforvic! I guess i just needed a mic plugged in. :thumbsup: to you!

And thanks everyone else! :biggrin:

• 3 months later...

Simmilar Issue for me, everything works fine untill I try to open and bit of dialogue and it crashes.

Using 5.1 so all the ports actually do have something plugged in anyway

The odd thing is, if DisplayFusion is running it opens a blank "Edit Response" window. But if I close DF and try again GECK crashes.

EDIT: Found the problem, had this strange Idea to switch my output to stero instead of 5.1 and no crash, works on quadro too. Basically with realtek sound it wants either a dummy or a mic in the plug, a sub or speaker it dislikes though?

Edited by rambart