Papyrus - Scripting Question Around Modifying Equipment Values

SabinXL

Hi folks,

I currently have a script that goes and replaces certain values for one piece of equipment from another piece of equipment in the system. The scripts work perfectly with one catch - the actor values that weapons and armor modify (DamageResist, MeleeDamage, CarryWeight/InventoryWeight, etc) don't actually get updated with these new values until you un-equip something you're wearing or equip something different.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a subtle workaround for this issue via scripting? I've been looking for some solutions in the actor scripts, but there doesn't seem to be a script that just tells the game to recalculate all actor values - anyone know if this is doable?

Edited by SabinXL

You need to silently unequip/re-equip the actor. This has been covered in another thread/mod. I'll search the forum and post the details soon.

Edit: this thread might help, it touches on a similar problem. The mod is Detailed Potion Names. It might help if you download that mod and take a look at its scripts. Cheers.

Edited by steve40

You need to silently unequip/re-equip the actor. This has been covered in another thread/mod. I'll search the forum and post the details soon.

Edit: this thread might help, it touches on a similar problem. The mod is Detailed Potion Names. It might help if you download that mod and take a look at its scripts. Cheers.

Awesome - I'll take a look at the thread and mod to see what I can snag. Appreciate the assistance.