"Install from file" and drop drag not working

NjordHalfhand

Bannerlord 2

New Vortex user. I've been manually downloading from Vortex and just dropping the mods into the Bannerlord2/Modules folder. I recently Installed Vortex so I dont have to manually reinstall mods that are crashing my game as the game updates daily.

My problem with Vortex is that even though I have the game being managed and even though Vortex has the location of my Modules folder it doesn't recognize any of my mods. It says 0 mods installed. These are the mods that I manually downloaded prior to installing Vortex.

So if the mods are there in the Game File/Modues folder, do i have to also install them into Vortex? Why isn't Vortex recognizing any of my mods?

1. When use the "install from file" feature and click on the actual named Mount & Blade II Bannerlord/Modules/NameOfModFileFolder instead of that folder name going into the "File Name:" box, it opens the named folder file and shows the bin files and other mod files INSIDE THE NameOfMod FOLDER.

2. When I try to drop/drag any of the NameOfMod mod folders it says they're directories. "Cant import directories" You can drag mod archivves here, directories are not supported.

These are the named mod file folders inside the Modules folder, NOT DIRECTORIES.

What gives?

Edited by NjordHalfhand

In Windows parlance the terms "directory" and "folder" are synonymous. Vortex is telling you that you can't put folders in the drop/drag box; you can only put archives there. Once the archive is in the box and therefore in the downloads folder, the mod is ready to be installed. You will get a prompt to install.

• 1 year later...
Guest deleted34304850

the archive is the file you downloaded from nexusmods. drag that to the install from file dialog and vortex will do the rest.