Animation problem

GreyFox77

Greetings,

I've been trying to make a banner/flag like object which can be worn as an armour piece.

It's based on the kind of flag you sometimes see samurai wear in artwork or movies (such as The Last Samurai).

Now, I have it working in-game and it looks nice.. however it's without animation.

The animation basically consists of a mere two vertices moving on the X-axis. I've tried to follow some tutorials and such, but mostly they have a whole object move (such as a door) and not just a few of its vertices.

The animation fully works in 3ds max and looks great when rendered to a video. However I'm stuck as how to export it or set it up for export.

- I've tried just keeping the 3ds max animation of the moving vertices, adding the start and end Notes at the Dope Sheet and extracting as Nif w/ manager.

- I've also tried making a bone, weighting only the corner of the flag that I want to move to it, and moving the bone around.

Both these things did not produce a moving Nif. NifSkope never managed to play the animation.

Here's an image of the thing:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1619/exampleab.jpg

Perhaps someone could shed some light on the subject, or point me to a better applicable tutorial.

We don't have full support for Havok Behavior animations, something I've been toying around with a little bit lately. I've no real answer as to how to actually do it, sorry. The only thing I can suggest is looking into the Havok Content Tools. Via Havok, extra skeletons+animations can be attached to an actor (see beast tails, bows and creature addons), but I don't think the HCT will export the info needed to actually do the attach/blend.

We don't have full support for Havok Behavior animations, something I've been toying around with a little bit lately. I've no real answer as to how to actually do it, sorry. The only thing I can suggest is looking into the Havok Content Tools. Via Havok, extra skeletons+animations can be attached to an actor (see beast tails, bows and creature addons), but I don't think the HCT will export the info needed to actually do the attach/blend.

Thanks a lot for your reply, throttlekitty! I suppose I will release the mod without animation. Looks quite alright either way.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

GreyFox77