Odd lens flare effect? Help

Cavek1992

So Ive had this weird lens flare effect for a bit, and I tried turning off Lens flare in the launcher, but it doesnt work. Heres what it looks like. Its in my fire spells, torches, etc.

(EDIT)

If I turn off lens flare in the launcher, and run it, its gone. But when I load up SKSE, its there. I tried turning off Enhanced lights to see if thats the problem, but, still there.

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately the pic is too small to see anything. So I can only guess.

If you turned off the game's lens flare, chances are this comes from other graphic modifications.

Are you using ENB? ENB also has lens flare effects - which can be disabled in the ENB configuration menu (shift + enter by default).

It could also be a certain particle effect. In this case, look for mods changing atronachs or fire effects in general.

ye the picture is too small and blurry hard to make out the exact issue you are refeering.

download msi afterburner, and rivertuner via afterburner installation. then load it click on the cog icon - click on the screen capture tab - set a hotkey for screen capture. also set the image to PNG in the same place as the hotkey, and a folder where you would like to save screenshots too

next click on rivertuner, (looks like a blue monitor with 60 written on it) click on *high* for application detection level, and Stealth mode (this will allow it to work with an ENB) <-- these settings are largely used for framerate limiting, but its worth mentioning anyway, strongly recommend you use Msi Afterburner and Likewise Rivertuner for now onwards. very good program to have.

now launch the game, go to the issue, press your hotkey you setup in msi afterburner for taking screen captures, then go to imgur.com, upload the picture their, and link the picture adress here. Note: it can be pretty funny about taking screenshots (as in it does not always work but can be solved relatively easy), so once you have set it up, press the hotkey, so you can verify if it is indeed taking screenshots.

doing the above will allow you to take full sized high quality screen captures, and thus allow us to see what the issue could be.

Note: rivertuner is also good for Framerate limiting (can also record footage as well), granting the ability to disable vsync and lock the framerate instead, this will be much better from a performance standpoint, and will eliminate input lag caused by vysnc, however for the relevance to this topic, the screen capture is what we are using it for.

Imgur.com Usage: New Post - Locate your Image, Upload - wait for it finish uploading, then Copy the Address, and paste here. this will allow us to see a full size image, rather then a tiny embedded image

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

• 2 years later...

SEVERE LENS FLARE WHEN LOOKING AT FIRE

I had this severe lens flare when looking at fire of any kind. It was so bad it made the screen white at times. So here is what I did:

Opened enbseries

Under EFFECT - go to "enablelens=true and change it to false

under LENSFLARE_GAME - go to
IntensityInteriorDay = 0.5 change to 0
IntensityInteriorNight = 0.5 change to 0

It got rid of the lens flare.