⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Cybernetic Warfare Mod - ideas and planning

PepprmintButler

Made some pictures for promotion as an exercise :) All photoshopped screenshots.

The screenies are awesome !! Great work. The first two especially look like what a pro marketing department would use.

TBH though I think the font choice and texts could use a bit re-work. Would you mind uploading the raw screenshots so I can try my hand at it too ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Drakous.

Here is the updated tasklist to Alpha :

① General DefaultGameCore.ini modding : Done

② .int and .ini content modding : Done

③ Operative Abilities modding : Done

④ Customization options / soldier generator modding : Done (thanks Drakous79)

⑤ Texmodding of flags : V0.2 in progress

⑥ Gender ratio modding : WIP

⑦ Repair/overload/explode abilities modding : Stuck ! need help

⑧ Alien abilities modding (thinman & commander) : no good ideas yet

⑨ Health/dmg Balancing : V0.1 done

→Alpha release

I need help with ⑦ in particular, also with ⑧.

⑦ : discussed a few posts above, goal is to give the SHIV a limited-uses Repair ability and the ShotOverload ability. Also, DeathExplode would be nice. No success ATM

⑧ : input welcome for a replacement of thin man poison and sectoid commander mind control...

I'll document most of the changes (esp balance) with alpha.

It will be a "non-user friendly" version at first, meaning manual file replacement - some assembly required. I guess most of the users of this board are more or less familiar with the process by now ? If not, I'll try to give clear instructions for install.

Obviously later releases (possibly beta) will need a proper installer.

Happy Holidays everyone ^^

• 2 weeks later...
I initially wanted to set armor deco of Kevlar to 3, but nothing I tried worked. So Kevlar Ghost is a workaround which turned to be very nice cyborg like look.

I've been trying to set armor decos for carapace and skeleton too, but to no avail either. Did you by chance make any progress on the matter ..?

Ideally I'd also like to change the deco to the more "basic" one on kevlar/ghost.

On the gameplay front, I still can't seem to get anywhere with the abilities I want to implement (see post above) :confused:

I tried kSoldier.kAppearance.iArmorDeco = 2 in CreateTSoldier() function to define deco for new/hired soldiers. But the change never worked on customization screen.

Ghost workaround turned out to be looking better than kevlar + deco 3.

Decos are defined in DefaultContent.ini. See Unlock all Decorative Armors for all Armors thread.

Edited by Drakous79

I tried kSoldier.kAppearance.iArmorDeco = 2 in CreateTSoldier() function to define deco for new/hired soldiers. But the change never worked on customization screen.

Ghost workaround turned out to be looking better than kevlar + deco 3.

Decos are defined in DefaultContent.ini. See Unlock all Decorative Armors for all Armors thread.

I tried a few things with Defaultcontent.ini also (switching deco numbers around, etc) but to no avail. I'm afraid armors have a default (non-deco) state that cannot be replaced by a deco state, not through the ini anyway (and considering createtsoldier() had no effect either, possibly not through the scripts either).

I'm still hoping someone can do better than be with the abilities (repair/overheat/deathexplosion).

In the meantime, the rest of the mod is conpiled, but I'm struggling with some unexpected crashes in my test playthroughs (at mission load). Possibly something wrong with my modded upks.

Alpha will have to wait until I get something stable to work with...