Activator Troubles

The_Vyper

Got a bit of a problem; I have an Ayleid switch (ARSwitch01) in one cell that's supposed to open a linked gate (ARGate01) in another cell, but it's not doing it. I've set up numerous switches and gates before, but this is the first time I've put a switch in a separate cell from the gate it's supposed to open. Can it simply not be done across cells?

I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics, but a work-around, perhaps: Set a global variable when ARSwitch01 is activated, that is then checked when you enter the cell with the ARGate01, which in turn triggers it to open?

I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics, but a work-around, perhaps: Set a global variable when ARSwitch01 is activated, that is then checked when you enter the cell with the ARGate01, which in turn triggers it to open?

That might work, but it's not the best setup in this instance. This dungeon has a light world/dark world sort of theme involving the Ayleid ruins tileset and King Dutka's Drow ruins set. There's a gate in Cell01a (Ayleid tileset) and the switch for it is in Cell01b (Drow tileset). Likewise, there is another gate in Cell01b that has a corresponding switch in Cell01a. You have to teleport between both cells to fully advance through either one. All subsequent cells are intended to have this setup, so a single global would be insufficient; I'd need a global for each switch/gate combo, and an individual script for each one as well. At present, that would mead at least 16 globals and scripts. I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

That might work, but it's not the best setup in this instance. This dungeon has a light world/dark world sort of theme involving the Ayleid ruins tileset and King Dutka's Drow ruins set. There's a gate in Cell01a (Ayleid tileset) and the switch for it is in Cell01b (Drow tileset). Likewise, there is another gate in Cell01b that has a corresponding switch in Cell01a. You have to teleport between both cells to fully advance through either one. All subsequent cells are intended to have this setup, so a single global would be insufficient; I'd need a global for each switch/gate combo, and an individual script for each one as well. At present, that would mead at least 16 globals and scripts. I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

Yeah, I can see that could be a problem. I'm not familiar with OBSE myself, but if you are using it, would the arrays available be of any use?