Yes or no: Is there a function that can retrieve Race body model?

Asterra

Can't find it. There's probably a function for anything else under the sun, but seemingly no love for the data stored in Race. Turns out I need this for a pretty important mod.

Example:

Race: Caucasian

Body Data

Upper Body Model (male): "characters\_Male\UpperBody.nif"

You can get the race using GetIsRace, and NVSE has GetRace and GetRaceName. That's probably the best that you are going to be able to do.

Players can also screw things up for you in all kinds of ways by using custom races that your mod has no possible way of knowing about in advance.

I don't know why you need the actual body model. It's not something that you can change. A mod could also overwrite the body model with something that you aren't expecting, so even if you have the path and name of the model that doesn't necessarily mean that you actually know what it is.

Anyway, to actually answer your question, as far as I am aware, no, there is no function that can get you any information about the actual models used for any race.

Players can also screw things up for you in all kinds of ways by using custom races that your mod has no possible way of knowing about in advance.

Well, precisely. It's that very possibility that makes it so it's best to be able to glean the information with a function.

> I don't know why you need the actual body model. It's not something that you can change.

Hm. Even though that wasn't something I need, I bet if somebody decided to add Race functions (JohnnyGuitar?), it would be trivial enough to include functions for modifying the data as well.

> there is no function that can get you any information about the actual models used for any race.

This is still helpful. Better than trusting my lack of success at finding the functions. Never can guess just how a certain function you need has been buried in the glut of what's available.

Edited by Asterra