Bayonets

Cine_eater

You can use knives anyway and I don't usually carry one as its extra weight I don't want so having a bayonet would bypass this.

Cine-eater.

Or modify the weight of the knife. ;)

It would be interesting to see if there is a function to allow a weapon to have a hidden option to issue also do a knock-back effect upon touch (even if still firing rounds) to simulate a bayonet stab. Although it would be missing critical animation sequences to make it "look right"

LHammonds

You can use knives anyway and I don't usually carry one as its extra weight I don't want so having a bayonet would bypass this.

Cine-eater.

Not what i meant. Think of COD4's knife attack with a push of a button.

Maybe after the SDK is out, someone can mod the combat system to allow you to equip a gun and a knife, with the choice of setting it to a defence weapon.

Currently, vanilla fallout 3 is set so when you click on a gun, it just equips it and unequips any previous weapon. The way it should work is that clicking on the knife will make a small window appear saying, Equip Primary, or Equip Secondary.

Equip secondary means that the weapon is attached to the secondary weapon script, thus enabling you to throw in a knife attack, but you withdraw your gun temporarily.

An alternative is making handguns possible to use one handed and the other hand holds a knife, and secondary set to that knife.

I was thinking that when you are out of ammo on the rifle you can use it as a mellee weapon with the bayonet atttached to the rifle, I'm sure someone could do a mesh with the rifle so it has the bayonet attached and have an action like the chinese sword so you can see your character swinging the rifle around and maybe a stabbing action, your idea is good but I'd rather see the character use the rifle in mellee rather than produce a knife instead.But I can't see why your idea could be incorporated as well, its always good to have an extra option if you do not have the bayoneted weapon or even using the butt of your weapon as a defensive option.

Cine-eater.

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking that when you are out of ammo on the rifle you can use it as a mellee weapon with the bayonet atttached to the rifle, I'm sure someone could do a mesh with the rifle so it has the bayonet attached and have an action like the chinese sword so you can see your character swinging the rifle around and maybe a stabbing action, your idea is good but I'd rather see the character use the rifle in mellee rather than produce a knife instead.But I can't see why your idea could be incorporated as well, its always good to have an extra option if you do not have the bayoneted weapon or even using the butt of your weapon as a defensive option.

Cine-eater.

So the bayoneted rifle is a separate gun? What about using the workbench and make and if you so desired take it off.

Archived