Fourth Reich

elhorgh

Hi all,

Myself and some friends have begun modding textures for F3, bringing (again) the SS to the game. I know that there have already been a few mods to do this, but we feel our mod will go much further, and we'd like to see some of the other modders come on side so we can all create a great package.

Right now the little information we are willing to divulge is at www.reich4.co.cc.

Any feedback would be appreciated, the image on the site is showing some of the Alpha Textures we are using (sorry, not too much is being given away).

So, is anyone interested in helping out?

-elHorgh (Klink)

MidiCow, yeah we're looking to add in RP elements to the story, so the player can choose to help or stop the NAZIs. Our texture mods are also going to be less huge iron crosses and more SS Themed. The idea is to bring a whole new area for playing in (the NAZI base), and to bring 6 missions to the game.

Jaysus, we're not NAZIs, we're just trying to put together a mod which will be fun to play. Our sanity doesn't need to be called into question, the "3rd Reich" is indicative of Hitler and his cronies. We are not looking to include Hitler and his cronies... We used the title "Fourth Reich" simply to indicate that there is a new attempt to bring Nazism to the world. Oh, and the 3rd Reich didn't need to disband or surrender, it got it's ass kicked. :P

As a side note, I forgot to say that then the G.E.C.K is released, we'll be doing much more than just simple texture modding!

Is it really that difficult to dream up a new faction of evil assholes?

Care to suggest some? We decided on the SS, so that's the way we're going. We'd rather do the SS than the US Marines....

Okay, let me be more specific - a new FICTIONAL group of evil assholes. Instead of constantly digging at a dark chapter of a prosperous and peaceful country that I am proud to have seen with my own eyes.

There is *NOTHING* constructive or 'fun' about digging at this past. So many of the German soldiers, even in the SS, were simply trying to be good soldiers, obeying orders that they strongly disagreed with on the inside but were powerless to speak against. So many were happy to be captured by the allies simply because they wouldn't have to follow.. or give... horrible orders anymore. Others had to steal away in the middle of the night to survive after being discovered helping the resistance, despite how it risked their lives and the lives of everyone they loved. Many didn't escape.

Portraying them as an all-encompassing innately evil Army full of truly evil people is to ignore history and discredit so many that did what they could to slow & stop it from the inside - and to keep using it repeatedly as an archetype for pure evil can only serve to wound the soul of a country that is truly full of good, peace loving people.

and the 3rd Reich didn't need to disband or surrender, it got it's ass kicked

so why then do we still have more occupational force military bases than the iraq? why do we not yet have a constitution even tho the grundgesetz demands one? do they fear the empire will strike back? why is germany still being treated as an enemy nation in the un charta (article #42 i think) and can be attacked at any given time if we participate in a war of aggression which is exactly what we do in afghanistan, somalia, kongo and who knows where? why didnt the victors disband the reich like they did with every other nation they smashed? easily answered cause they profitted well from it and still do...

well ok maybe you aint nazis and just treat em like every other badass on the planet... but may i mention that hosting such mods here could lead to problems for the site being accesible from germany as it is prohibited to show off nazi symbols in such a context here... stupid and restrictive totalitarien as that may be it has its reasons...

Okay, I'm not going to keep this argument going. The simple fact is the mod will contain the SS. If you don't like it, then go to some other topic.

The mod will not portray the SS as innately good or bad, the player will be able to make the choice as to which side they want to play as, and how to go about it. You can still keep your good karma if you play the game correctly.

As fr the whole "realism" problem. Fallout 3 is based on 40s and 50s science, which as we know ISN'T ACCURATE. The fact that the mod is named the Fourth Reich, and is also then "inaccurate", should matter about as much as the fact that Fallout's science is inaccurate.

That's the last thing I'm going to say on any issue apart from discussion pertaining to the mod.

Jaysus, we'll release a version of the Mod which has no swasika's or totenkopfs. Ich gehe jedes jahr nach Deutschland, I am sympathetic to the issues which remain behind from WW2. Of course, you could always use a proxy to download :P

*We chose the SS because they look badass. The Hugo Boss designed uniforms pwn anything we've seen from any other country. It's not about ideals in this mod, it's about looks. Fallout 3's Havok engine is perfect for this type of visual mod due to the advanced state of the models, clothing etc.

That's it :P

Just because its the Fourth Holy Roman Empire, doesn't mean it has to be made of nazis/Germans/generally evil people.

The first Holy Roman Empire was founded by Otto The Great.

The choice by the modding team here is to make them themed after the ww2 nazi party because.. well.. they can.

I think the problem here is that some believe this not so creative, due to the excessive making of ww2-themed games and such in the last 10 years.

Archived