Can't make a patch?

theuseless

Ok, so it has been a long time since I did this and I'm not sure I'm executing it properly.

I am attempting to make a mod which removes all the armors from my npc's from my mod,Castle Tharnstein. I get enough emails requesting this to make it relevant to implement (it cuts the bsa file size in half). My process is simple. I have made a blank esp, which I know works and saves fine on its own. When I load another mod with my blank.esp set as active, it is fine. I can make changes and see them in the blank.esp. My problem happens when I attempt to save. I get ctd's every time, no matter what I try to do. This happens for me regardless of which mods I load, which one I set as active. I have tried load order, resetting date stamps, everything short of making my main mod into an esm.

I used to be able to copy objects from other people's mods by loading them with Tharnsteinactive. I would just rename the objects to a new, unique editor ID. This is impossible now too. I don't post questions here unless I have done extensive research. I have not tried the cs extender, but the regular one has worked fine up till now. I am running win7 on a thinkpad with integrated graphics. My specs are fine, the Oblivion disc is an original, not a copy (I make my own personal use backups occasionally).

My hesitation for using the cs extender is simply fear. I am afraid that I will use some obse code or a function which will not be playable by version 1.2 players. If this is not the case, I will install it. I have also thought about simply deleteing all the extra data from my 1.4 esp. I ultimately wish to offer 2 versions of the bsa. The esp for the armory-less bsa would be a patch to alter the main release. This would force downloaders to use an extra esp for the light version. It seems like the easiest way to keep the light version updated to my main file. I wish to offer updates and not have to manually alter the large file every release.

Thanks in advance,

theuselss

Use Wrye Bash to 'esmify' your master plugin (Castle Tharstein.esp) *while editing*, and then 're-espify' it afterwards (IMPORTANT).

Will do. Thanks for yet another quick reply Hickory... You really are one of the most valuable assets this community has.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, and not according to some, but the sentiment is very much appreciated. Thank you. ;)