Are there recommended system specs for running Creation Kit without constant crashes?

Have you tried installing the CK again? Have you tried to observe CPU/memory usage while the CK is running?

Huh. I hadn't thought of reinstalling the CK. Is that a normal part of the troubleshooting for this tool? As for memory usage, yeah it takes up 2 GB of ram all by itself, and I have 8 total. Negligible CPU impact though.

As thousande said, disabling the markers helps a lot, you can also disable the worldspace LOD. And if you are planning on upgrading your hardware, I can tell that after I upgraded the system memory (exact same than thousande, 8GB to 16GB) I had pretty much no crash while using the render window.

Is there actually a way to show LOD in the CK? Maybe even LOD meshes for a given object?

> Is there actually a way to show LOD in the CK? Maybe even LOD meshes for a given object?

Right click somewhere in the world space and choose preferences. Not sure if it is possible to toggle LOD/view for one reference.

You open the Form/static and inspect/modify LODs for that form (Has Distant LOD / Specify Distant LOD)