Turn container into a Very Hard locked container (xEdit)

BlasterMasterCaster

Hi, I am trying to lock the container for this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16321?tab=description

because the armor is available right outside the Vault in the beginning and that makes you OP too soon, too fast.

I opened this mod in FO4Edit but I can't find where in the container section I have to make this edit or what should I put in there to make it locked and require a bobby pin.

I plan to do this for some OP loot from mods in my game so knowing this will make wonders and balance things quite a bit.

Heyas BMC. Ok this is something that I have not tried, so I don't know if this by itself will do it, or if there are extra steps required. I also do not know how the game assigns the lock level to the lock. So that kinda leans me towards there being more to this.

But, this is what I know, which hopefully will point you in a right direction.

Ok, so I've looked at several lockable containers in Xedit. Here is the one that I'm currently looking at, it's literally the same as all the others are.

[00] Fallout4.esm (6B54AF2C) \ Container \ 00038C22 <Loot_Raider_Suitcase_Armor>

You can paste that into the address bar of Xedit and it will take you right to it.

tQUO3LJR_t.jpg This is a thumbnail, click on it to see the whole pic in a new page.

You will see that all lockable containers have several different lock scripts attached to them. You will need to add those to your container.

BUT I recommend making a backup of the mod's .esp file before doing this, because we don't know what we're doing here!

THIS I do NOT know, so take this with a grain of salt. A big one. I do not know if you can change this, by removing certain scripts. Like, if I only want this to be a master lock, if I can remove the other two level scripts, and it will be just a master lock. Or if the scripts are dependant, and doing that will bork everything up.

Now, also... as I said, I can't find the trigger for what level of lock it is. So that's a part that is missing.

The EASIEST way, to copy something over from one file to another, is to cheat. Or I call it cheating.

Have the left side panel set up to where you have your source item (src) (In this case the raider container) and your target item (trgt) (the container from the mod) both already visible in the left side panel.

Now, hold down the CRTL key, and 1x left click on one of them, to highlight it. Now, scroll up or down, and repeat that with the other one.

Now, when you RIGHT click on the screen, it should give you an option to COMPARE SELECTED (2) . If you don't have that option, you didn't do it right. I don't say that to be mean, it just takes a bit of practice to get the hang of doing it.

So once you have both files open side by side in the Right side panel.....

You can literally drag and drop information from a vanilla file, into a mod file. (But not vice versa). So you find the header line for the block of info that you want to transfer from your Src file, and then drag and drop it straight across to the trgt file, with your mouse. Easy!

Now again tho, I have not been able to determine how to set the lock level, or what else needs to be done here. I do know that you can set lock levels via console.

Or... ya know, just use some self-restraint in your game. LOL Just saying. ;)

But hope that this helps some.

-Storm

Stormwolf01, thank you for your reply.

I read your post mere minutes after you replied to me and I have spent all these hours just trying what you told me, I have tried to check other references/containers from the Fallout4.esm, tried different combinations even and no luck.

I can't seem to make that Wooden Crate to show me a lockpick and it is driving me crazy. No wonder I couldn't even find answers for this in Google. lol