Dark Souls Rage

hoofhearted4

I'll give them a go again tonight. I've watched a video of someone killing Lautec and he just invaded, casted iron flesh then wailed on him until he went down. Looking at the date the video was uploaded I can see why when I tried this strategy it didn't work.

Is it worth reviving the girl at Firelink or should I use the soul to upgrade my estus further? I feel like a noob asking a question with nearly every post but so far everyone has been extremely receptive and helpful with dealing with a Dark Souls newcomer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it worth reviving the girl at Firelink or should I use the soul to upgrade my estus further? I feel like a noob asking a question with nearly every post but so far everyone has been extremely receptive and helpful with dealing with a Dark Souls newcomer.

You should revive her.

Once you get the lordvessel an important part of getting around is based on which bonfires you can teleport to. Not having firelink shrine available can lead to being a very severe pain in the ass. You'll want to keep the firekeepers alive as well as you can until you come ready for NG+.

You should revive her.

Once you get the lordvessel an important part of getting around is based on which bonfires you can teleport to. Not having firelink shrine available can lead to being a very severe pain in the ass. You'll want to keep the firekeepers alive as well as you can until you come ready for NG+.

Wow I'm an idiot. I completely forgot she has to be there to use/kindle the bonfire in Firelink.

As I said it feels bad to still feel like a DaS newcomer.

yea, not having Firelink lit is a huge pain in the ass. not soo much now that they added additional Bonfire Warps (like the one in Undead Burg that leads to Sens and the Forest and the Blacksmith and etc)

but yea. keep them alive, then right before youre ready to kill Gwyn kill them (Annor Londo one and Quelaags Sister there). also when you revive the Firelink girl i believe she gives you a Firekeeper souls, but im not 100% sure. as i said, its been awhile since ive let her die.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up playing this game when I got to Blight Town.

First time I arrived there I died because I had walked in an area where the air was poisoned,and the game didn't told me until I was already poisoned my self,and then had to watch my character slowly die. :ohdear:

Back to the Bonfire to walk for another 20 minutes and kill all those dragons once more. :dry:

The next time I died from poisoning because a spider thing bit me once. :psyduck:

Yet another 20 minutes wasted in re-doing what I had already done. :wallbash:

Next time I decided to bypass the spiders and go to another direction. There I saw a cliff and a log on it that lead to another area. I walked over it,got to the other area,and took something that was there. Then I tried to go back where I came from,and while walking on the log an invisible force pushed me off and I fell to my death once more. :huh:

This was when I got fed up with this. I could tolerate everything else up to that point,but to have INVISIBLE forces pushing me off logs ? Reaaaaalllllyyy ? So the game sees that I'm not dying from enemies and decides to kill me anyway just because it wants it ? Is there some kind of invisible timer that measures how long since the last time you died,and when you pass the limit the game decides to auto-kill you ?

Edited by Alithinos

First time I arrived there I died because I had walked in an area where the air was poisoned,and the game didn't told me until I was already poisoned my self,and then had to watch my character slowly die. :ohdear:

Back to the Bonfire to walk for another 20 minutes and kill all those dragons once more. :dry:

The next time I died from poisoning because a spider thing bit me once. :psyduck:

Next time I decided to bypass the spiders and go to another direction. There I saw a cliff and a log on it that lead to another area. I walked over it,got to the other area,and took something that was there. Then I tried to go back where I came from,and while walking on the log an invisible force pushed me off and I fell to my death once more. :huh:

This was when I got fed up with this. I could tolerate everything else up to that point,but to have INVISIBLE forces pushing me off logs ? Reaaaaalllllyyy ? So the game sees that I'm not dying from enemies and decides to kill me anyway just because it wants it ? Is there some kind of invisible timer that measures how long since the last time you died,and when you pass the limit the game decides to auto-kill you ?

1. There's no poisonous air. Some enemies in Blight Town will shoot toxic darts at you, which can be hard to see if you're not paying attention. Those enemies don't ever respawn after you kill them though.

2. And you didn't have any moss clumps to cure yourself? That's strange, because they're one of the most common drops in the game.

3. The collision can be dodgy, which is my only problem with the game. There's no kill timer, however.

Edited by Rennn

Bring some purple moss chump. You can find some as loot from the tree enemies in Darkroot Garden, or buy them from the female Undead Merchant located in the Lower Undead Burg.

as others have said, it wasnt poisonous air. it was the poisonous swamp at the bottom. poison is no big deal really. just bring some Purple Moss with out. either buy it or farm from the tree enemies in the Darkwood Forrest. Toxic is what you have to watch out for. the Clumps for that cost more and are rarer drops (though still relatively common) it also lasts longer then Poison and you Heal less, and it deals more damage per second. but kill the 4 or 5 enemies that can give it to you and you are set. they are all in one area too, so if you get toxic, just wait till you kill them all before you heal yourself. that way you can save your Clumps if you dont have many. then go heal at the bonfire to replenish your Estus.

also sounds like you are going the very long and difficult way to get to Blighttown if you are fighting the dragons. also sounds like you never made it to the bonfire in blighttown. once you do, the area isnt so bad as the bonfire is in a good spot. going through the swamp part that is. i almost always avoid the other part to blighttown now, with all the ladders and whatnot. no reason to even go that way unless you are looking for items. but its nowhere near the Boss of Blighttown, so its unnecessary to go there.

lastly, also as someone said, the collision can be crappy in Dark Souls. it was the same in Demons Souls. sometimes you can fall of an edge even if your arent actually on the edge. which is what makes the Great Hollow (also an unnecessary stop) a pain in the ass as well as a couple of other places. and there are a few must go places in the games, that put you on narrow ledges, that can get you white knuckles because of those physics. though those few places i never fell off due to bad collision. mostly that seems to happy in other places, like the Catacombs, or rolling near an edge or something.

Speaking of crappy collision/clipping detection, that reminds of the O&S boss fight. I thoroughly enjoyed how Ornstein's spear could go straight through those pillars when he did that long range thrust lunge.

i never had that happen to me (PS3) which is nice since i hid behind those pillars a lot my first few times. i use them less now, mostly to heal if need be, but yea, never had anything go through them, not even Smough's hammer attack where he charges and lifts (those seem to be the type that avoid collision and such) but yea.