Debate over the Sandy Hook shooting

colourwheel

Last cycle I made a donation to my congressmen to help get them re-elected, I get a personal letter in the mail thanking me for the support in less than a few days after. The last few weeks I have been spamming my congressmen under several different email account, not even a robo reply back.... You might think of me as being selfish, but I see it as ignored when he is supposed to be representing me.

So this is a personal attention thing? I'm Colourwheel, and I'm supposed to be important enough where a Congressman has to stop what they are doing to personally get back with me. In the mean time this said congressman has no telling how many thousands or maybe millions of other people they represent, but its their fault for not being able to individually give you a reply and filter you out from no telling how many others who are trying to contact them as well. I'd guess they hand pick a few emails and give a reply to, or whatever they have time for, and that doesn't mean they are trying to snub you personally.

Am I not part of my district? doesn't a congressman repressent the people of a district? Am I not a person they repressent?

If a congressman does not think even one person is important enough who they are suppose to be repressenting they are not doing their job, reguardless how many thousands or maybe millions of other people they represent. Its their fault for not being able to give attention to the people they repressent. But was never implying they were trying to snub me personally, just it's obviously in the public eye I seem to not be important enough right now to even make a robo reply back.

Edited by colourwheel

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is a personal attention thing? I'm Colourwheel, and I'm supposed to be important enough where a Congressman has to stop what they are doing to personally get back with me. In the mean time this said congressman has no telling how many thousands or maybe millions of other people they represent, but its their fault for not being able to individually give you a reply and filter you out from no telling how many others who are trying to contact them as well. I'd guess they hand pick a few emails and give a reply to, or whatever they have time for, and that doesn't mean they are trying to snub you personally.

Am I not part of my district? doesn't a congressman repressent the people of a district? Am I not a person they repressent?

If a congressman does not think even one person is important enough who they are suppose to be repressenting they are not doing their job. reguardless how many thousands or maybe millions of other people they represent. Its their fault for not being able to give attention to the people they repressent. But was never implying they were trying to snub me personally, just it's obviously in the public eye I seem to not be important enough right now to even make a robo reply back.

Be realistic here, your email is probably on page 5297 of this congressman's email page, and for them to personally sift through these and get to you is like hitting the lottery. If someone was sending you that many emails, would you personally have the time to sift through each one and give an adequate reply back to each and every one of them? Even if your congressman spent 24/7/365 reading and replying to emails, chances are they would STILL never get back to everybody. More realistically this congressman probably picks 10 random emails a day or something, and gives a well written response to. You are taking this personal, and being sorta immature about it.

What is the point of giving a robo reply, that is just a "here is a generic automated reply because I don't have the time to read/reply to all these emails". Would that make you feel better if you at least got a robot reply?

Edited by Beriallord

If a congressman does not think even one person is important enough who they are suppose to be repressenting they are not doing their job. reguardless how many thousands or maybe millions of other people they represent. Its their fault for not being able to give attention to the people they repressent. But was never implying they were trying to snub me personally, just it's obviously in the public eye I seem to not be important enough right now to even make a robo reply back.

Be realistic here, your email is probably on page 5297 of this congressman's email page, and for them to personally sift through these and get to you is like hitting the lottery. If someone was sending you that many emails, would you personally have the time to sift through each one and give an adequate reply back to each and every one of them? Even if your congressman spent 24/7/365 reading and replying to emails, chances are they would STILL never get back to everybody. More realistically this congressman probably picks 10 random emails a day or something, and gives a well written response to. You are taking this personal, and being sorta immature about it.

lets be realistic.... for one thing personally attacking me calling me immature will not help your arguement.

Another thing we are not living in the 1800's... A congressman has a staff that goes through these emails and paid well to reply to all matters of attention wheather it's personal or just a robo reply. If a congressmen doesn't have a good enough staff to beable to handle simply just replying back to the people they represent they are obviously not doing a good enough job as a repressenative...

If you are active enough in the political system you would probably know this if you actually write your congressmen a lot.

What is the point of giving a robo reply, that is just a "here is a generic automated reply because I don't have the time to read/reply to all these emails". Would that make you feel better if you at least got a robot reply?

It's a matter of knowing they themselves or their staff has even taken the time to go through and read the peoples concerns. And yes Most people would feel better if they were actaul replied back instead of being ignored reguardless if its a personal reply or just a robo reply back.

But this is besides the point... lets not shift the topic off track...

Edited by colourwheel

lets be realistic.... for one thing personally attacking me calling me immature will not help your arguement.

Another thing we are not living in the 1800's... A crongressman has a staff that goes through these emails and paid well to reply to all matters of attention wheather it's personal or just a robo reply. If a congressmen doesn't have a good enough staff to beable to handle simply just replying back to the people they represent they are obviously not doing a good enough job as a repressenative...

If you are active enough in the political system you would probably know this if you actually write your congressmen a lot.

It's a matter of knowing they themselves or their staff has even taken the time to go through and read the peoples concerns. And yes Most people would feel better if they were actaul replied back instead of being ignored reguardless if its a personal reply or just a robo reply back.

I've written Rand Paul on several occasions, and haven't always gotten a reply back. I got a robot reply 1 time, and I'm not even mad, because I know I'm just 1 person out of an entire district of concerned citizens. I don't feel like I'm individually important enough for myself to be given any special attention. I don't have to write him that much, because I already know he is going to vote against the stuff that needs to be voted down. The ones voting Republican aren't doing so for them to compromise with the Democrats, they are voting them in to stonewall them, which is exactly what is going to happen with the gun control bill. Its going to be stonewalled. Won't even go up for a vote in the house. I doubt even some of the Democrats are going to back it.

Edited by Beriallord

Another thing we are not living in the 1800's... A crongressman has a staff that goes through these emails and paid well to reply to all matters of attention wheather it's personal or just a robo reply. If a congressmen doesn't have a good enough staff to beable to handle simply just replying back to the people they represent they are obviously not doing a good enough job as a repressenative...

I've written Rand Paul on several occasions, and haven't always gotten a reply back. I got a robot reply 1 time, and I'm not even mad, because I know I'm just 1 person out of an entire district of concerned citizens. I don't feel like I'm individually important enough for myself to be given any special attention. I don't have to write him that much, because I already know he is going to vote against the stuff that needs to be voted down. The ones voting Republican aren't doing so for them to compromise with the Democrats, they are voting them in to stonewall them, which is exactly what is going to happen with the gun control bill. Its going to be stonewalled. Won't even go up for a vote in the house. I doubt even some of the Democrats are going to back it.

For one thing, I personally do not think Rand Paul is a good repressenative (Rand Paul campaigns on one thing then when elected does exactly the opposite. He reeks of hypocrisy.) But I guess to some people getting someone elected who will protect them to own an AK-47 is more important than lying to his constituents on issues he originally campaigned on and against. also a Senator is a little different than a congressmen representing a district as oppose to being a represenative of a whole state. Maybe you don't feel like you are an individually important enough for your congressman to be paying any attention too and the only reason why this would be true is because this is what you believe...

These gun control bills might be stone walled this cycle... But looking at the current political state things are in, in almost all branches of government, the Republicans in office will most likely be a minority next cycle. With this in mind most of the bills being pressed in congress might pass reguardless if there is a single republican vote of support when the Democrates control the house again.

It's becoming more of a reality in our nation right now as the Republican party is becoming more divided each day...

Edited by colourwheel

Naomi, where is the proof that our gun rights don't work? Most murders in America are by gang members using illegal weapons. Where do they get these weapons? The U.S., or more specifically the ATF. Look up Operation Gunwalker and Operation Fast & Furious. There was a third I believe, can't remember the name though. Regardless both operations supplied thousands of weapons to drug cartels, and those are just the ones we know about. There are more that the ATF "lost track of."

Guns are used anywhere from 15 to 50 times more often for self defense than to illegally take a life. And the best part? The majority of defensive gun uses didn't even fire a single shot.

Seems like this person need to just get laid or be put on prozac. Talk about mental health issues, I would just say gun control should be the least of this persons worries.... 2nd thought he is probably a wife beater, scratch that laid part... :facepalm: classic example of a person who suffers from being bipolar...

Edited by colourwheel

Seems like this person need to just get laid or be put on prozac. Talk about mental health issues, I would just say gun control should be the least of this persons worries.... 2nd thought he is probably a wife beater, scratch that laid part... :facepalm: classic example of a person who suffers from being bipolar...

Please continue exposing yourself.

Please continue exposing yourself.

Now you are getting personal and creepy. Not going to give you my phone number if that is what you are getting at. :teehee: just simply stating the video you posted was just a man yelling at another man aftering being very calm without even being antagonized in any way simply just flipped out and started screaming at the host.... classic example of someone who is bipolar... :psyduck:

Edited by colourwheel