Properly installing "A Quality Worldmap"

Cier

Hi,

I actually want to install A Quality World Map - With Roads but it recommends to install High Quality 3D Map first. I don't really understand what the instructions for High Quality 3D Map want me to do so I just installed it with the manager.

When I first started the game I realized that the map looked funny somehow and the clouds were gone. However, I thought there is some issue with the water in the game but I guess I just imagined it because there was no change after turning off High Quality 3D Map. But when I turned it on again the map in the game looked just the way it looked before I turned High Quality 3D Map on for the first time. How do I know it is active. I just want this mod so that I can use A Quality World Map - With Roads!

Thank you!

You don't have to have HQ 3D Map to use HQ Map with Roads. HQ 3D Map is just normals and LODs that add more detail and accentuate the 3D landscape better than the vanilla map. It's suggested to install it first because A) It makes HQ Map with Roads look better and B) some of the LODs are shared and HQ 3D Map's versions of these need to be overwritten by HQ Map with Road's version.