Request: Portable Tent and campsite w cot

Uzibeatle

This is for the role player . Why the hell can't our characters have a camp to put up at night to rest?

People are crafting systems now that require the player to sleep 8 hours a day. ...

So I got to thinking.. we need a camp kit .

I don't know why our character can't deploy a camp tent, put up a camp fire , and have a cot in the tent to

crash in, what was Bethesda thinking? bitchslap.

One could have the camp fire as a separate item maybe.

I see this as something one would 'execute' as an item say in inventory , maybe a consumable in AID inventory

that would spawn said tent and cot in front of where the player character is standing.

Perhaps the cot would have to be a separate spawn item that the player would have to spawn while standing in the

tent and if standing in the right place would have the cot placed properly inside.

Same for the campfire.

Maybe a deluxe version later on for the player with a big party (followers) with extra tents and cots.

Course all this stuff would have to be bought at Moria's or wherever (but supply item codes anyway) , or

better yet a NPC caravan that could be spawned with aid of the GECK when it arrives so as to not interfere with

inventory on Moria already.

Of course one would have to tidy up the camp after one had slept. Perhaps the system would require

the player to pack up the gear so as to get the items back in inventory, or if that is not possible or clumsy to do code wise , then have the items auto vaporise after say , 8 hours of game time.

Player would then have to activate items in inventory again to put up another camp.

i like this idea.. but i think the tent would have to be made so that u would have to pick it up after use. so that if you got suprised by somethin and had to run u lost ur tent..

could have a dialog like the one at the workbench to put it up and take it down. activate it and choose to sleep or pack up..

great idea this is what we have ot watch out frusturating moment

playit on hard mode this is result

- even when you manage to take the tent you will get killed

but good efforts making this mod will result this game a bit more realistic :D

This is for the role player . Why the hell can't our characters have a camp to put up at night to rest?

People are crafting systems now that require the player to sleep 8 hours a day. ...

So I got to thinking.. we need a camp kit .

I don't know why our character can't deploy a camp tent, put up a camp fire , and have a cot in the tent to

crash in, what was Bethesda thinking? bitchslap.

Probably 'cause it's frikkin' dangerous to just drop your rucksack and take a nap next to a fire, oh, you know, anywhere you please. You know, a fire that can be seen for miles? A beacon for raiders and radscorpions? Scorpions are attracted to light and raiders see a "HEY! GANK ME FIRST!" sign. Awful kind of you to care about the raider population like that. They've been killing people at such a rate that the wasteland has been devoid of proper sport for ages! Good show!

That's probably why they didn't include it, and not because they weren't thinking. I'd say they spent more time thinking about it than you did. You know, about immersion, about pseudo-reality, and about making some aspect of this fantastical and reality-stretching game make some small bit of sense. Well, that and real-time (as the clocks go) would be booring as heck. 24 is a TV show, not a game I want to experience.

So yes, if you play a mod that requires you to sleep for eight hours, a camp would make excellent sense. As would

disarming that bloody bomb in Megaton

right away. Remember though, camping gear is heavy, deserts get bloody cold at night, and those thin aerospace blankets that are in vogue right now won't even exist. So you're looking at maybe ten pounds for a poorly equipped "can't-stop-shivering" type of camp that will require a fire to survive the cold, or twenty (probably more) for an excellent "Ahhh-so-toasty" kit that probably won't need a fire. Then again, if you have Dogmeat or Clover (or Charon and Fawkes for you really freaky types) , you have a heater that travels with you so you probably don't need a fire... just lots of food.

So to summarize; if you're looking at it with reality in mind, remember that the "reality" of the Wasteland is that it is harsh, unforgiving, and full of murderous SOBs who'll kill you the second you let your guard down. And those are just the wastelanders. So while a camp is nice and RPish, if you really want one, make it, and stop talking about bitchslapping the developers because they didn't think about your particular want in mind when they made the game. You know, that "want" you came up with after playing the game and after others started building the real-time mods? Bethesda isn't psychic, you know, and they can't tell what "wants" you'll have in the future, so stop playing e-pimp tough-guy and just suggest a mod with civility like a normal person would. :wallbash:

/rant

So yeah, camps could be a good idea if done to make them as dangerous as they would probably be. Cause, camping in the wasteland is dangerous. They've got guns and poor impulse control! They put people on spikes! And hooks! And hooked spikes! Have you seen it? It's insane I tell you! :blink:

• 2 months later...

Hey you are so right! fallout does need campfire and tents and it sounds like the Oblivion Modification for Tents, campfire, realims cooking and crafting directly on a board by useing Z to craft It's named CLSCraftyBits by CLShade

i would be awesome if some ppl could almost make the same for fallout like CLShade made for oblivion :rolleyes:

Archived