Lichdom

kromey

At the very least there's going to be version 1.0 (become a lich), and version 2.0 (become an ancient lich). (No guarantees that these will be the actual version numbers, mind you, just a handy way of thinking about it for now.) I think once 1.0 is out and stable, I may give myself a bit of a break from the heavy scripting and such and work on a couple of followers for the lich (the ambitious young necromancer who wants the secrets you possess, and the strange girl who seems much too interested in the fact that you're a corpse...); it would also be cool to stick a few lich NPCs around in the world, maybe even a custom dungeon or two. (Actually, come to think of it, the followers can probably be done as standalone mods...)

And if the whimsy takes me, I may work up a "lich tower" player home -- but then again there's enough of those out there already that the properly inclined lich can already find one more to their liking.

So the short answer is that yes, I will be supporting this mod for a while, even if I can't tell you how many versions there will be. And even when I move on to other projects (either return to Dovahheim, or start on a heretofore unannounced, but long-planned, mod) I'll still be supporting Lichdom, at the very least squashing any bugs that turn up.

Made some rapid progress today, much better than I expected for only having an hour and a half to work on it. Got tripped up on the "lich death" script a bit, but I think I've got it figured out how to proceed now (an "essential" character never triggers the OnDeath nor OnDying events, but it looks like the OnEnterBleedout event is what I need instead -- too bad I didn't find that one until long after :rolleyes:). Once that's sorted I think I'll have an alpha release going out to my testers. (On a related note, I'm rather pleased with the effects of the Elixir of Endless Night, should you choose to drink it -- especially for how simple a script it is! :teehee:)

Speaking of which, I could still use more, if there are more folks interested in alpha testing (which is bound to screw up saves, so always make sure not to overwrite any saves you want to continue -- and to disable the mod before you do continue playing!).

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least there's going to be version 1.0 (become a lich), and version 2.0 (become an ancient lich). (No guarantees that these will be the actual version numbers, mind you, just a handy way of thinking about it for now.) I think once 1.0 is out and stable, I may give myself a bit of a break from the heavy scripting and such and work on a couple of followers for the lich (the ambitious young necromancer who wants the secrets you possess, and the strange girl who seems much too interested in the fact that you're a corpse...); it would also be cool to stick a few lich NPCs around in the world, maybe even a custom dungeon or two. (Actually, come to think of it, the followers can probably be done as standalone mods...)

And if the whimsy takes me, I may work up a "lich tower" player home -- but then again there's enough of those out there already that the properly inclined lich can already find one more to their liking.

So the short answer is that yes, I will be supporting this mod for a while, even if I can't tell you how many versions there will be. And even when I move on to other projects (either return to Dovahheim, or start on a heretofore unannounced, but long-planned, mod) I'll still be supporting Lichdom, at the very least squashing any bugs that turn up.

Made some rapid progress today, much better than I expected for only having an hour and a half to work on it. Got tripped up on the "lich death" script a bit, but I think I've got it figured out how to proceed now (an "essential" character never triggers the OnDeath nor OnDying events, but it looks like the OnEnterBleedout event is what I need instead -- too bad I didn't find that one until long after :rolleyes:). Once that's sorted I think I'll have an alpha release going out to my testers. (On a related note, I'm rather pleased with the effects of the Elixir of Endless Night, should you choose to drink it -- especially for how simple a script it is! :teehee:)

Speaking of which, I could still use more, if there are more folks interested in alpha testing (which is bound to screw up saves, so always make sure not to overwrite any saves you want to continue -- and to disable the mod before you do continue playing!).

Woop custom dungeons (You can probably guess why i'm excited about that ;)) and i sent you a pm about alpha testing so count me in :)

After 2.0 will you maybe work on custom lich models? or atleast try and find people that will do them?

I'll probably put the call out for custom models after 1.0, and depending on how that goes 2.0 might even release with all-new custom models and stuff just for it! We'll see, though, I can not and will not make promises about things that are beyond my own capabilities, and completely out of my control.

After 2.0 will you maybe work on custom lich models? or atleast try and find people that will do them?

I'll probably put the call out for custom models after 1.0, and depending on how that goes 2.0 might even release with all-new custom models and stuff just for it! We'll see, though, I can not and will not make promises about things that are beyond my own capabilities, and completely out of my control.

Good to hear. Also, if you want a...sort of.....lich haven, I got a medium sized nordic ruin with safe containers and lich-like features that i'm working on currently, if you or anyone else wants access to it, i should be posting it on the nexus by the end of this week. And trust me, I am a LORE-FRIENDLY person, not one of those people who puts dwemer crap in a cave and nordic ruins in a dwemer ruin....I like to keep things just as if it was an actual developer made dungeon, so I am basing this dark lair (Nemroth Crypt) off of lore from both tes and forgotten realms. Another thing, if anyone wants to read a really really good series that has a lot of undead and lich like stuff. Read the drizzt series, Szass Tam is one of the coolest liches ever, not to mention Valindra or the Dread Ring... : ) really good series identical to tes, awesome read :thumbsup:

On Sunday I worked an 18-hour day, laid down in bed for 2 hours, so I could get up and work a regular 8-hour day Monday. Then I watched James Bond (Goldfinger and the first half of Thunderball), drank adult beverages (might have been fitting to have been drinking Bond's signature Vesper Martini, but we lack gin and Kina Lillet), and went to bed early.

I haven't made any progress on the mod since my last update from Saturday; I have, however, started an issue tracker so that I can see and be depressed by just how much still has to get done before I release -- and that's even before I've turned over anything to my half-dozen testers to find bugs! I've also started working up instructions and guidelines for my testers, who for at least the first test version or two will have to use console codes to test quests that aren't yet fully implemented.

By the way, I'm still feeling rather grouchy from that whole work ordeal, especially since all I have to show for working a 26-hour-day-with-a-2-hour-break is slightly-less-than-professional e-mail griping about undocumented error codes making it impossible for me to do my job since I have to diagnose and troubleshoot non-functioning, third-party, black-box hardware and software. So, apologies if I sound gruffer than usual today.