Lichdom

kromey

Feedback from my alpha testers has been remarkably positive so far. I've still got a lot of work to do to make it fully playable, but I think most of the big pieces are sorted, done, and so far seem to be working quite well!

I think the biggest piece still left to do is to distribute the quest books around Skyrim, which I intend to do via the Radiant Quest system so that no two play throughs will be the same -- always a new adventure to find the books! ;)

Speaking of which, I've still got to write those books -- maybe that's the biggest piece still to do...

Also speaking of which, I'm still soliciting lich-themed lore books from anyone who wants to write one! More information in that thread.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um i read the UESP lore entry on ancient liches and started to wonder will they be able to have more than one Phylactery like it says or will it not?

I still can't wait for tthis mod to finish it sounds amazing!!!!

Ancient liches will not be part of the initial release, and as of yet there are very few definite plans about them. However, one of the things I can indeed say for certain is that, yes, ancient liches will have multiple phylacteries, and in fact creating your second phylactery will be part of the process of "upgrading" yourself from lich to ancient lich.

aaawww that sounds awsome i really can't wait to play this mod i was very sad when the other mod "true Lichdom" i think it was called was discontinued and not made i hope you are making good progress still i can't wait :)

aaawww that sounds awsome i really can't wait to play this mod i was very sad when the other mod "true Lichdom" i think it was called was discontinued and not made i hope you are making good progress still i can't wait :smile:

Same here,

God, i wanted to punch a wall, when I got the news that it was cancelled. Good thing i didn't punch the wall cause that would've hurt though ;D

No wall-punching necessary here, Lichdom will be released and y'all will get to play it!

Actually, Lichdom would probably still exist even if True Lichdom hadn't been shut down (albeit probably under a different name), as I was looking for a new project and TL wasn't really matching up with my own vision of what lichdom should be about.

It's getting exciting, folks! I just sent Alpha 2 (actually the third alpha, for reasons even I don't fathom the second one was Alpha 1.1...) out to my testers, with the quests fully functional and all known bugs* fixed!

Alpha 3, which I hope to have to them by this next weekend, will distribute the quest books out into the world (and give them content!), which is the last major obstacle still standing.

Unless my testers or I find some egregious bug, I should have a public release in just 2 short weeks!! :thumbsup:

*There is one known bug that won't be fixed by release, mainly because, as I currently lack the Dragonborn DLC, I simply can't fix it. It'll go into the "known issues" section upon release.

I could use some suggestions, guys!

A part of the quest to become a lich, the player has to find 5 journal fragments from around Skyrim. I intend to use the Radiant Quest system to place these in the world, thereby ensuring that no two play-throughs are exactly the same (and that no one can cheat the quest by simply looking up the locations of the fragments (although of course if you really want to cheat, you can just console your way to victory...)). My plan is to distribute the journal fragments to bandits, necromancers, and forsworn.

My question to y'all is: Good choices? Should some on this list not be? Should some not on this list be on it?

My reasoning for each group is:

Necromancers: Should be obvious -- they're after the secrets of lichdom themselves!

Forsworn: They seem to have a similar interest in undeath, perhaps looking for a way to enhance the powers of their briarhearts. I'm most uncertain on this one, though.

Bandits: It's impossible to miss that this journal is valuable if you happen upon someone who has a fragment, or is after one, and bandits love things that are valuable.

Maybe hagravens could have a fragment, trying to unlock the secrets of lichdom to further their own agendas vis-a-vis the briarhearts they create?

The only hard requirement is that the fragments be attainable by any player, regardless of the status of other quests (so putting one in the Dark Brotherhood's sanctuary is a no).

There is also a second book, The Immortality of Artun, with information about Artun, the necromancer whose journal you're seeking; alongside this book is a note that includes the locations of all 5 journal fragments, and is the only way to get quest markers on them. This book and note will be locked away in a chest in the College of Winterhold's library; the only key will be kept in the Archmage's quarters. Getting this book thus requires the player becoming the Archmage, or picking a very difficult lock, however either way it's entirely optional -- you don't actually need this to finish the quest, it just makes it a heckuva lot easier to find the journal fragments.