Lichdom

kromey

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Status update: Unfortunately I was called into grand jury duty, which sucked up the last two days and I've been unable to make the progress this week I needed to to get Alpha 4 to my testers this weekend. I've now got confirmed tickets and will be flying out bloody early Sunday morning, and returning late the following Saturday, so it's sadly going to mean a significant delay before much further progress is made.

My testers have also turned up a couple of issues that, if confirmed, may take a fair bit of time in and of themselves to fix, further extending the delay. Right now I'm just playing things by ear, but I think end of March is still a fair target -- probably before that, really.

The secret is to tell them your prejudice against all races. :wink: Thanks for all your effort on this mod.

Also, tell them that you know the guy that's being prosecuted :D

IF that doesn't work, just get everyone to say he's guilty and be done with it :devil:

Nah, grand jury's different, we only say whether or not the state's got enough to take felony charges to trial, we don't decide guilty/innocent.

And I think they'd get a little suspicious of I claimed to know the defendant in 12 distinct cases!! :P

Well, To be honest i really liked the idea from the other mod (seemingly cancelled) that you would use a spell to mask yourself as a mortal to not be attacked.

And i always imagines liches as completely bare-boned, skeletal mages. Well atleast that's how they looked in Morrowind.

http://www.uesp.net/tamriel/monsters/images/mwlich1.jpg http://www.uesp.net/tamriel/monsters/images/mwlich.jpg

Also "Bonelord" really loved their design, even though they're not really liches.

http://www.uesp.net/tamriel/monsters/images/bonelord.jpg

Also about the Phylactery. I think it could be made something like this:

If you're wearing it and get killed- you suffer true death and die for real.

BUT you are stronger while having the phylactery on person

If you keep it somewhere "safe". You respawn or something next to it.

BUT you are weakened when you're far away from it (different cell or something)

Companion idea:

Maybe being able to have certain companions. For example the "crazy" ones like Cicero. I can't imagine Law abiding citizens following a lich, or mercenaries at that matter! But maybe your "Subjects" for example your colleges from College of Winterhold. Mostly because if they knew you before the turning and since they're ehm educated mages, maybe they wouldnt hate you much? :biggrin:

Also i'd object to using the Dragon Priests animations by default (you could make it a spell, "Levitate", would function maybe like waterwalking, as in you hover over the water). But using the default player animations would probably look awkward, so maybe draugr/skeleton animations? Or maybe even custom ones? If someone is willing to make them.

Oblivion had a lich mod where you had to cast the spell to stay masked. Meh. If this mod is going to have it to where you are not attacked I probably won't bother. I want an undead mod where you feel undead and have to mask your true identity. Might have to go back to Oblivion for a while. >_>

Oblivion had a lich mod where you had to cast the spell to stay masked. Meh. If this mod is going to have it to where you are not attacked I probably won't bother. I want an undead mod where you feel undead and have to mask your true identity. Might have to go back to Oblivion for a while. >_>

From what I understand, NPCs will be hostile if you die in your regular form and undergo the 'nether lich' transformation.