Game breaking crash

Zeph101

Normally I wouldn't bother people by asking for help but I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what exactly the problem is. My game occasionally crashed before but nothing too serious, however now I've run into a crash that won't let me proceed no matter what I do.

It happens when I enter the DC Ruins for the first time and meet Lyons' squad. Once I enter Chevy Chase, it crashes. I load a save from 10 hours ago in the wasteland, go all the way through the metro tunnels again and, it crashes. I fast travel from just outside DC to Minefield, sleep in a bed in one of the houses for a week, go through the tunnel again, enter Chevy Chase and, it crashes.

I've used fo3edit, fo3masterupdate and BOSS with no indicators of any conflict. I've even entered another part of DC through Tepid Sewers, going to new buildings added by both AWOP and DC Interiors. So it's not a problem with DC as a whole, just with the Chevy Chase area when doing the early mission. I've got no idea which mod is causing this so I was hoping anybody here could help before I start removing mods one by one.

Here's my load order:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

The Pitt.esm

Street Lights.esm

Broken Steel.esm

Point Lookout.esm

Zeta.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

EnhancedChildren.esp

Project Beauty.esm

AWorldOfPainFO3.esm

EVE.esm (paradox version)

FO3 Wanderes Edition - Main File.esm

DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm

Project Beauty - Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty - Point Lookout.esp

CONELRAD 640-1240.esp

Underground Hideout.esp

Adopt Bryan.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp

EVE - FWE Patch.esp

Realistic Interior Lighting.esp (paradox version)

F3Project RealityMk1.esp

F3Project RealityMk1Tweaks.esp

Fallout Remastered.esp

Fallout Remastered - Project Beauty.esp

Fallout Remastered - FWE.esp

Achievement.esp

FO3 Merged Patch.esp

Any ideas guys?

Edited by Zeph101

Not an expert, and it may not even be the cause of your problem, so take this input with a large grain of salt.

But, I do note that you have one esp (EnhancedChildren.esp) mixed in amongst the esms, and my (limited) understanding is that this is almost always a bad thing.

Edited by 7thsealord

Thanks for the replies but I've changed things to no avail. I removed EnhancedChildren.esp and AdoptBryan.esp. That didn't work, still crashed at Chevy Chase but no where else.

And thanks for the link M48A5 but the same problem persists along with some new ones.

I followed extensively the instructions given by both Paradox and Remastered, using version 1 of the Paradox esp for EVE. However, afterwards my game would freeze at start-up, it would play the music and background animation but would not respond to any key presses. After un-checking the Remastered plugin, that problem was gone. I have no idea why it didn't work since I swear I followed the instructions correctly.

I even added Mart's Mutant Mod (following the instructions for which version) so I could use the Blackened FWE+MMM+EVE+ProjectBeauty.esp, but that still did nothing. It still still crashed at Chevy Chase but no where else. :(