Why cant I add papyrus script to these actor templates?

KingDanasty

So ive been messing around with draugr and I wanted to modify them with a papyrus script. Im new to CK so im not sure what i could do exactly but im assuming the "enc templates" are templates used by the other individual draugr actors?

I figure if i could add a papyrus script to those templates then maybe it would transfer over to the rest of the draugr so i dont have to go through them one by one (unless thats how its done).

I looked in DraugrRace and couldnt find anything there either to add a papyrus script to all the draugr. Im stumped. Been messing with this all day and i forgot that i could ask for help.

Below is the screen shot of one of the enc templates that have papyrus script box greyed out

http://i.imgur.com/swVQ5.jpg

I just want to add a papyrus script to all the draugr and i dont know what those actor templates dont allow it.

Pointing me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

My instinct when I first read your problem was that the Draugr had an actorbase, but looking at the screenshot it doesn't and seeing that the respawns box isn't the problem. Try adding a papyrus script to a new NPC to see if that's okay.

My instinct when I first read your problem was that the Draugr had an actorbase, but looking at the screenshot it doesn't and seeing that the respawns box isn't the problem. Try adding a papyrus script to a new NPC to see if that's okay.

I can add papyrus scripts to the entries that have masterambushscript already in them.

I can add papyrus script to the E3 demo entries and tried it with a few random npcs like spiders and bears and i could

I just want to add a papyrus script to all the draugr and i dont know what those actor templates dont allow it.

You can't attach a script directly to an actor form if it is used in a leveled list.

But you can attach the script to the leveled list version of the actor. Those are the ones that begin with "LvlDraugr...".

Or, you can simply make a copy of the template. The copy won't be used in any leveled list, so it will allow you to attach a script :)

Edited by steve40

You can't attach a script directly to an actor form if it is used in a leveled list.

But you can attach the script to the leveled list version of the actor. Those are the ones that begin with "LvlDraugr...".

Or, you can simply make a copy of the template. The copy won't be used in any leveled list, so it will allow you to attach a script :)

So if i were to add a papyrus script to "lvldraugr" would it count for all draugr or just those using "lvldraugr" ?

The last line confuses me, what template would i copy and how would it affect draugr in game?

sorry im just trying to wrap my head around this :wallbash:

So if i were to add a papyrus script to "lvldraugr" would it count for all draugr or just those using "lvldraugr" ?

The last line confuses me, what template would i copy and how would it affect draugr in game?

sorry im just trying to wrap my head around this :wallbash:

It would, I think, add it to every instance of a "lvldraugr" in the world. I've never really tried to add scripts to master items before to see if it radiates to every instance of them, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

If you're making your dungeon, it'd be best to duplicate the mobs you want and then attach scripts to them or their leveled lists if you make a new leveled list, or duplicate the original leveled list and attach a script to that. I don't know what your mod is aiming at, but, yes, if an actor is being used in a leveled list you cannot attach a script. This prevents mobs with different scripted functions spawning in the same location causing unpredictable behavior. If you wanted to edit every one of that specific level of draughr, you're out of luck. There might be a workaround you could use with referencealiases or something, or, you can attach a script to the leveled list that attempts to identify the baseid of the spawned mob before executing any functions on it. Like:

Actor Property pEncDraughr01Template Auto

event blahblah()

if self.getleveledactorbase() == pEncDraughr01Template

;dostuff

else

;don't do stuff

endif

endevent

If you want your script to affect practically all Draugr in the game then the easiest way would be to create a new Ability (of constant effect) with a Magic Effect of archetype "script", then put your script on the Magic Effect. Then add the new Ability to the Spell list on the Draugr Race form.

http://www.creationkit.com/Actor_Script

You may not attach a script to an actor if that actor would be used by a leveled actor list. If an actor is used in a leveled actor list, its "Scripts" section will be disabled.

There is a workaround in this in cases where you need actors to be both leveled and scripted - you can create a constant/self magic effect and apply that at the race level. For example, the FXDragonBloodDamageScript handles applying some special blood FX to dragons through combat. Since dragons are used to populate leveled lists, however, we attach this script to AbFXDragonBloodDamage, which is an effect on the AbDragonBloodFX spell. That's then assigned as a special racial ability of the DragonRace. You can look at a similar example in how the WispMothers work, too.