Running Morrowind Without a CD?

Rennn

Okay, I bought the disc GOTY of Morrowind a couple years ago and modded it to hell and back on my gaming rig.

I bought a tiny $200 laptop for college several months ago, and installed my Steam version of Oblivion. To my surprise, it runs Oblivion quite well on low settings at 480p. I decided to install Morrowind, so I thought it'd be as simple as copying the files from my desktop rig. That laptop doesn't have a disk drive, because I really never planned on using it for games. I used a no-cd patch on the Morrowind.exe, to get around that issue. However, that doesn't help. It stops Morrowind from recognizing that there is no disk, but it still recognizes that there is no disk drive.

I tried setting up a virtual D: drive, but that didn't work. Morrowind still detected that there was no disk drive.

I'm against piracy in all forms, as anyone who's read my posts can attest. I'm not doing this for illegitimate reasons, I only want to play Morrowind on my laptop. Any ideas on how to get it working?