Item loosing bug?

Longojing

Hello nexus people!

i have a problem. I run oblivion with several mods,, though i don't understand a bug that is occurring to me now.

I bought ALL the items from apachii store (isis), went to my ayleid sky storage mod place.

repaired the items i bought from isis.

look into my list, half of my list producst just disappear. Sometimes,, after a reload when saving it the items appear again. and those items which are appearing again are also the items that were not repaired!

What kind of bug is this? and how do i fix it!? it is VERY annoying!

it is clear that oblivion is once more failing to register what it is doing,,,

if you need more specific information to help me, please ask me and i will post it as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance,

Longojing.

This is probably the vanilla Oblivion bug with items repaired past 100%. What I do is I don't repair items past 100% if I want to store them in a container (they are all right as long as you carry them yourself). If an item is less than 100% and I want to store it I take it to a shop and get it repaired (vendors always repair to only 100%).

Of course before I get to Expert armorer I repair my own stuff (you can't repair past 100% until you hit 75 armorer). Here is a UESP Wiki note on the problem.

This is probably the vanilla Oblivion bug with items repaired past 100%. What I do is I don't repair items past 100% if I want to store them in a container (they are all right as long as you carry them yourself). If an item is less than 100% and I want to store it I take it to a shop and get it repaired (vendors always repair to only 100%).

Of course before I get to Expert armorer I repair my own stuff (you can't repair past 100% until you hit 75 armorer). Here is a UESP Wiki note on the problem.

This is exactly what is happening! i use a mod: carry all you want, and i repair EVERYTHING to 125%. and the site also says if you use the mod, the failure is also occuring in your own inventory. Indeed, this happens to me all the time,, not only with the mod armor, but also with the normal armor that i repair over 100%. though it did not happen before, the DMRA armor that i downloaded, in another attempt to put as many mods as possible together, wasn't this faulty glitch appearing. it appeared after my 3rd reïnstallment after i destroyed oblivion again :P.

right now everything ghoes well,, running over 20 mods, still way more to come. i may launch another topic of a problem i have on some races i installed, and because of that i can not load some CM companions ^^. but that should be another topic so. about the armor glitch ^^ i will look for another solution.

Is there a mod that removes this glitch? Else, i will try to take care of things myself in another way.

i hope there can be another solution ^^.

Thank you for your information.

I think the bug is made worse by having too many things in a container (and your character's inventory is really just another container). Everything in one container plus repairing to 125% = looking for trouble.

Buy some houses, spread your stuff out, stop repairing items beyond 100% except the weapons and armor your character is wearing and using most often. I haven't had the problem since my first playthrough, before I found out about the bug. As far as I know there isn't a mod to fix it (if the UOP did the wiki article would mention that).

I think the bug is made worse by having too many things in a container (and your character's inventory is really just another container). Everything in one container plus repairing to 125% = looking for trouble.

Buy some houses, spread your stuff out, stop repairing items beyond 100% except the weapons and armor your character is wearing and using most often. I haven't had the problem since my first playthrough, before I found out about the bug. As far as I know there isn't a mod to fix it (if the UOP did the wiki article would mention that).

Yup ^^. i am going to do that. i spread everything into a big storage room,, hell of a work to get it all in there,, but the result will be satisfying,, every armor that i wear and is being repaired to 125%, is going into another storage room, when i want to change i just teleport back to my home ancient towers, go to the display or other rooms and change my stuff ^^. then go back where i was. the rest of the armor that i can equip on companions will be stored at the ayleid sky storage at 100%. pain in the *ss to get it in :P.

I did found some mods about the durability of weapons and armor. trying those types out.

if i get handier in this stuff, i will take a look upon this thing myself. but right now i first try out lot's of mods to see what they do,, and what conflicts occur and how it all works ^^.

when i get this through i may create my own mods, maybe. Especially bug fixes ^^. :woot:

so far so good with storing things differently, luckily i had some safe games ready.

I will keep an eye open for these fixes and or options.

Thank you for your info once more.

Other thing to keep in mind is the 'lost stuff' isn't really lost, it just doesn't show in the container inventory list. If you add something else then one of the 'missing' things will appear in the list. Takes some fancy footwork to get everything back, but I don't recall ever 'losing' something permanently.