Skyrim runs absolutely terrible all of a sudden

RussoJustin1976

Hey guys, I have a serious problem

Now before I start, My Skyrim usually plays at 15-21 FPS, now it may seem terrible, but I've gotten used to it, and dont really care much for it to be any faster, but whenever theres an FPS booster mod, I get suckered in, and download it anyway.

Now when I see a fps booster mod, I download it, and usually its terrible, or just doesnt work, I always end up taking them off immediately after use.

Now heres my problem I downloaded this mod here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27959/

I downloaded it at version 3.3 I believe, and everything was fine, my game ran a lot better, and there were no problems, it was the first fps booster esque mod that did anything noticeable for me

Now, I realized there was an update to 4.5 and when I upgraded, oh man

It actually made my game run worse, my game freezes a lot, and it runs at 0-2 fps, 3 if I'm looking at the sky or floor. It even made the sound stutter a lot. It took me less than a second to uninstall. But even when I did, my game continued to run absolutely terrible, I was shocked, since it doesn't add any esps or anything, so I assumed maybe it edited the ini's, so I backed em up and deleted them so Skyrim could make default ones, that did not work.

The only other solution would be to reinstall Skyrim, but before I come to that, I'm wondering if someone has a fix for this, or something, maybe its not the mod, but something else I may have missed. any help would be appreciated.

Note: I have not downloaded or installed any mods besides the one in question when this started happening.

I use that mod as well and from what I understand it is a relatively harmless (doesn't add scripts) mod, the loader shouldn't affect your game at all if you uninstalled. Have you tried loading an earlier save game? Maybe the problem is from a mod you installed prior to the attk loader.

I use that mod as well and from what I understand it is a relatively harmless (doesn't add scripts) mod, the loader shouldn't affect your game at all if you uninstalled. Have you tried loading an earlier save game? Maybe the problem is from a mod you installed prior to the attk loader.

I will attempt this and edit this post after I do.

Edit: This actually worked, I hope. I'm assuming that these saves that dont work are forever broken? It sucks because I have a level 50 character, but oh well, no worries. I'll continue to experiment, and hopefully I'll get lucky. Thanks for the help

Edited by RussoJustin1976

I will attempt this and edit this post after I do.

Edit: This actually worked, I hope. I'm assuming that these saves that dont work are forever broken? It sucks because I have a level 50 character, but oh well, no worries. I'll continue to experiment, and hopefully I'll get lucky. Thanks for the help

Saves can be recovered if they can be loaded. By using the console with the PCB command and a save. Then reload Skyrim, load and save it again.

There is a step by step way to install a new version of ATTK. If you do not follow it, well ... Take the time to read the Main Page of the Program.

And version 3.3 is still available to you in the downloads ...

Edited by Jason2112

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated often so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Did you follow all of these instructions when you updated?

Upgrading to a new Version ? ...

Completely uninstall ATTK via "Uninstall Info".

Reboot the computer. Run the game with out

ATTK then Console command ... PCB ...

then save. Install the new version.

Never save if you're "glitching", with any mod or program.

Back up your saves if you plan to see how far you can

push your system. (just in-case)

Also I get the impression that 3.3 had some sort of special uninstall procedure. I wish he had someone a little more familiar with english helping him out on the instructions end. His can be confusing.

Also I get the impression that 3.3 had some sort of special uninstall procedure. I wish he had someone a little more familiar with english helping him out on the instructions end. His can be confusing.

Even starting a new game makes my game have the problems sorry for the late reply.

But yeah, I've done everything, installed the update again, played without some esps, even following his uninstall instructions still left me with no intro music, or intro video. (I still have no intro video)

I've been trying to fix this for about a day now, and I'm just about done, I've looked for save updaters or something like that, but to no avail. Its great that so many people are having a good time with this mod, but for me, I'm just not as lucky I suppose

Edited by RussoJustin1976

Even starting a new game makes my game have the problems sorry for the late reply.

But yeah, I've done everything, installed the update again, played without some esps, even following his uninstall instructions still left me with no intro music, or intro video. (I still have no intro video)

I've been trying to fix this for about a day now, and I'm just about done, I've looked for save updaters or something like that, but to no avail. Its great that so many people are having a good time with this mod, but for me, I'm just not as lucky I suppose

A sure way to fix everything ...

Delete everything but the TESV.exe. Load up Steam, Right click Skyrim, Use the option to Validate Data. This will return Skyrim to 'Stock" after that add mods - test by - add by test - ... to find your problem. Once fixed try to bring in the old save with a PCB command and save.

If THAT don't work, you can bet the problem is in your .ini settings.

Edited by Jason2112