~17mb save file, is it fine or bloated?

Kingpinn

Hello, I write this topic because I was looking for advice about my save file. I have my high level character (47 lvl, 160 hours played, main quest completed, dawnguard quest completed, over 250 locations discovered and mostly cleared) and my save file is exactly 16.851kb size. I've heard about save corrupting and bloating, and I'm afraid that it can start to bloat. I don't want to start a new char because I'm playing on this mage from 11.11.11. Some saves on this char were corrupted so bad (random CTDs, freezes, bloating), but I decided to play from non-corrupted save (I think it's not corrupted) with 10 mods, it has about 15mb size until I decided to start Dawnguard questline. After completing it my save is near to 17mb and weird thing is that my autosaves, quicksaves and normal saves have different sizes, i.e:

quicksave: 16 845kb

autosave1: 16 787kb

autosave2: 16 859kb

autosave3: 16 771kb

latest manual save: 16 851kb

These sizes are changing from lower to higher, and I'm afraid that it's something wrong with it. Can anyone tell me that I should start to worry about it or everything is fine so far?

Regards.

Oops.. it seems that I made a topic in a wrong section... it should be in Skyrim Technical Support category... sorry about that.

Edited by Kingpinn

Cant be too sure, my save is at 9.012 kb and works fine, but I once had a 16mb file like yours and it was really slow loading, slow saving etc which i understand is the sign that the save is bloated....

Seems a little bloated but I've seen larger. Mods that use a lot of scripting tend to bloat saves, especially if your installing and uninstalling mods all the time with the same saves.

I would suggest this mod as essential to help with save game bloat.

Possessive Corpses no more lazy zombies and shy nirnroots

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4528