Thieves Guild attacks me

SzymonS92

Hi there fellow Skyrimians!

I want to join the Thieves Guild. I have done the quest where I need to collect what people owed to the thieves guild.

I am not at the point where the thieves guild master should walk me into the other room in their hideout but when I do enter they

seem to not even know me, tell me I shouldnt be here and call me a trespasser. If I dont leave early they attack.

I cant remember names now so that master guy walks into the other room and just kinda hangs around and then attacks me as well.

I heard it might have something to do with the mods. Im not quite sure why any of these mods would

do this tbh. Here is the list.

7k Better whiterun

101Bugs

Quality world map

ApachiiSkyHair

Better MessageBox Controlls

CBBE body

Categorized Favorite menu

DaggerCraftPackage

Deadly Dragons armory

Enhanced Blood textures

Enhanced night sky

Equipment of eternal shine- Elven overhaul

Faster Daggers

Glowing ore veins 300

Hair pack

HD furniture and barrels final

high quality food and ingrediants

high realistic tundra moss

Hybrids HD plants and herbs

Imeervice armors

improved lod trees

Lush grass

masters of death

new animations for magic casting

pure waters

real ice

real snow flakes

SkyUI

Temptress Race (yes I am playing a temptress)

The pines of whiterun

Ultimate hd fire spells

ultra reaslistic bow shoot sounds

Unofficial Skyrim patch

Wearable lantern

For an END im using the realistic hope the extreme config edition.

Anyone found any fixes for this?

• 5 months later...

Did you do something to piss them off? Like kill some of the thieves running around in Riften before you became a full member. I don't play the quest so it's hard for me to troubleshoot your problem. I just use a mod to destroy them at the outset.

What rhowington said may be true. Try reloading an old save and doing the quest again, and don't kill thieves in Riften or anywhere else. That may be the reason.

Also, try the following: open console with the ~ key, click the people who are attacking you and then type the following command: stopcombat. This has to be used with everyone who's attacking you. If it doesn't work, try making them your 'friend' by using the command 'setrelationshiprank <NPCID> 4'. This command makes them your friends, so they may stop attacking you.

Or try the following: player.addfac 10a794 and player.addfac 29da9

These command adds you to the Thieves Guild faction. After that, you will no longer be a trespasser in the Ragged Flagon, and they should stop attacking you.

If these don't work, sorry, but I can't help you ;/

PS: if the last commands don't work, don't forget to undo them by changing 'player.addfac' to 'player.removefac'. Example: player.removefac 10a794

This problem ties in with the problem in this thread: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/744479-strange-high-level-thief-random-encounter-near-riverwood-with-guild-master-armor/ The latest post in that thread gives some other threads about it, and suggests three mods that might be at fault: Improved Skyforge, Castle Grey, ad 7K Better Whiterun. There seems to be something about the thieves guild that make it really fragile or something. If you have any of those, or a house near Riften (that was what one person said was the problem but they couldn't remember what it was) try turning them off.