Why?

ArdentFlame

Every time I need to remove a face or body texture for whatever reason and I reload Skyrim the bodies, and the faces, especially, look completely messed up. The faces are blocky, eyes look bizarre, wrinkles, color mismatching like crazy, etc. Why does it do this and how can I fix things to go back to the orginal textures? Do I just need to open up my .bsa's and find the textures and meshes and put them in the directory?

reinstall skyrim if that is the case. You really should not be fooling around with game files you aren't sure about :armscrossed:. That's what can make a simple problem worse. Commonly issues arise from mods or mod conflicts from error in installation (user error), or somewhat-rarely, poor modding by a non-experienced (or lack of caring) modder.

When in doubt my first step would just be to wipe it and reinstall, simply because trying to figure out the direct problem will take too long and might not be definite. Especially if you were poking around and trying things that might have broken other things. :psyduck: Never know.

I highly recommend googling and using Nexus' official "Nexus Mod Manager" (aka NMM) in the future to manage your mods.