New to Overclocking GPUs

you know, its not biggie that i had to RMA it. it didnt OC well, and maybe my next one wont either, but the fact it would randomly just quit out is why i RMAed it. i would have settled for it not being able to OC much. i wont see much of a difference except in benchmarks really anyways. and i dont see how the little bit of OCing i did would have caused my issues anyways, at least not after 1 day. and if that was the issue, then my GPU probably wasnt that good anyways. if stuff like this is going to happen, id just rather it happen fast and early, while i still have the warranty and the box and stuff haha.

I did a benchmark between overclocked and not overclocked, i didn't notice a single difference between the two, in fact i noticed a much higher fps then i did before disabling the graphic overdrive. You do know you can OC in the control panel right?? Edited by Thor.

the few tests i did, even my small OC, there was quite a jump in points in 3DMark 11 and Unigine between OC and not OC. and actually there was a jump in points between default drivers and 12.11 beta drivers too.

I don't know why then the fps hasn't changed http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif I guess the amd 8350 talk like if it was if it was its own child lol.. Its like it unleashed something inside the 7950's. It runs without bottlenecks. Not sure what to make of it, but i'm liking it.

I had a 100fps increase.

Dirt 3 runs like no tomorrow, 80 to150fps, depending on the track.

Edited by Thor.

...I remember a program called radeonpro which was an aftermarket version of CCC. I think it may have helped.. Though if memory servers it only optimized games.

RadeonPro Preview was recently updated if you do not mind beta/pre-release software. It supports FXAA, SMAA, SSAO for some games (including Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas!), and can integrate with SweetFX.

http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Downloads/Preview.aspx

Hey Hoof if you wan't optimal performance yet good quality tessellation, set it for 4x. It doesn't make any difference in quality the higher it goes, just makes things more bumpy.

Quick question about AMD 7000 series...

So i got a 7850, Skyrim is all flickery with 12.10 drivers, and it only happens in in that game (recently played Farcry3, Guild Wars 3 and Metro w/o flickering). What Driver version would you guys recommend?

Quick question about AMD 7000 series...

So i got a 7850, Skyrim is all flickery with 12.10 drivers, and it only happens in in that game (recently played Farcry3, Guild Wars 3 and Metro w/o flickering). What Driver version would you guys recommend?

holy crap youve already played GW3!!! lol jk

unfortunately i cant be of any help to you. i only had my card for a day, and i dont play Skyrim. plus i was using 12.11 beta drivers.

however, it sounds like a Skyrim issue as its less graphically insensive then both FarCry 3 and Metro 2033 (despite popular belief, Skyrim isnt all the graphically intensive compared to some other games) do you have any mods for Skyrim? it could be some sort of conflicting graphics mod? but im only speculating. like i said, i dont play the Game so idk.