Need help getting female textures to use meshes nif

hoody225

So ive been modding oblivion and everything works except the body ingame. Im using Sui Guts body replacer https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44709 when i load up the nif files in nifskope the body looks right, but (i know that in textures feetfemale.dds is the body texture aswell) ingame when i go nude, the body has a flat chest like its using the smallest settings from eyecandys body mod and nothing like the nif file in meshes. How do i get the femalebody.dds files to use the femaleupper.nif and femalelower.nif as the body shape? Is it race specifc?

Id appreciate any help someones willing to give.

Hmm, your question, or intention, doesn't make much sense, but I think I know what's going wrong here.

Do you have "Archive Invalidation" properly set up already? Without it a retail disc version game will not use replacement textures over its originals, and a Steam, or GoG, version game will not use any types of replacements at all. I take it you're still seeing a regular Vanilla body when nude, meshes and textures still the old?

Then, what distribution of the game are you using? (Steam, GoG, retail disc, etc.)

And what's your choice of mod manager, if you aren't installing manually?

Most, if not all, mod managers I know will be able to apply correct Archive Invalidation by the press of a few buttons (when there's options given, it's always "BSA Redirection" or "Archive Redirection" or other similar names, just not "... Alteration" or the antiquated traditional way). Only a few, or one, will be able to fix the wrong file dates of BSA files downloaded from Steam or GoG though, which will counteract any attempts at Archive Invalidation or replacement files. The game will not use an older replacement file over a file inside a more recently dated BSA. And those distributors often date them with the time of their download, thus way too "new" for any replacements in existence ever to be considered newer.

If you need help with that part, let me know, but then also give the answers to the questions above as it will change the chosen solution like explained.

And now why the intention or question as expressed doesn't make much sense:

There's 1 body model (4-5 sets of NIF files) per gender but for "all" races,

and the skin textures are set up on a per-race basis, and not necessarily fitting the models at all.

So there's no connection between the texture and the model inside the game, or the texture controlling which model to use. Only the race saying which texture to use on the one single model for all.

But that's just technicalities.

I think we should make your game use the correct body replacement first. Once it does this we'll also have fixed it not using the correct textures, too (same cause).

edit: Oh, my, and just now I realized that mod isn't exactly packaged in a regular folder structure either. So we might also have to check if everything's "installed" correctly to begin with. The instructions in the description are not much more help, as the crucial file paths listed have been stripped off their separators ("/") on save.

It's not mentioned in the mod description, but did you install HGEC first?

If you don't install HGEC then perhaps your character will be fine as long as you choose a race that uses Imperial textures for your character's race, and all theNPCs of races that use Imperial textures will be fine too but the other races (Orc, Dark Elves and beast races) will be messed up (vanilla textures on HGEC compatible meshes).

There is also a problem with the folder used for the first person skeleton.nif ... should be Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson not Meshes\_1stPerson as it has in the extracted download.

This is a mod that requires the user to have a very good understanding of what the game needs to work correctly.

Hmm, your question, or intention, doesn't make much sense, but I think I know what's going wrong here.

Do you have "Archive Invalidation" properly set up already? Without it a retail disc version game will not use replacement textures over its originals, and a Steam, or GoG, version game will not use any types of replacements at all. I take it you're still seeing a regular Vanilla body when nude, meshes and textures still the old?

Then, what distribution of the game are you using? (Steam, GoG, retail disc, etc.)

And what's your choice of mod manager, if you aren't installing manually?

Most, if not all, mod managers I know will be able to apply correct Archive Invalidation by the press of a few buttons (when there's options given, it's always "BSA Redirection" or "Archive Redirection" or other similar names, just not "... Alteration" or the antiquated traditional way). Only a few, or one, will be able to fix the wrong file dates of BSA files downloaded from Steam or GoG though, which will counteract any attempts at Archive Invalidation or replacement files. The game will not use an older replacement file over a file inside a more recently dated BSA. And those distributors often date them with the time of their download, thus way too "new" for any replacements in existence ever to be considered newer.

If you need help with that part, let me know, but then also give the answers to the questions above as it will change the chosen solution like explained.

And now why the intention or question as expressed doesn't make much sense:

There's 1 body model (4-5 sets of NIF files) per gender but for "all" races,

and the skin textures are set up on a per-race basis, and not necessarily fitting the models at all.

So there's no connection between the texture and the model inside the game, or the texture controlling which model to use. Only the race saying which texture to use on the one single model for all.

But that's just technicalities.

I think we should make your game use the correct body replacement first. Once it does this we'll also have fixed it not using the correct textures, too (same cause).

edit: Oh, my, and just now I realized that mod isn't exactly packaged in a regular folder structure either. So we might also have to check if everything's "installed" correctly to begin with. The instructions in the description are not much more help, as the crucial file paths listed have been stripped off their separators ("/") on save.

To reply to DrakeTheDragon. I am using the Steam Goty (im pretty sure goty wont make to much of a difference concerning body mods.) I've been installing all my mods manually, but I do have: Wrye Bash, Boss, OblivionModManager, OBSE, and TES4Edit all installed and I have ran them before starting my game.

As for Archive Invalidation, I do have that installed. On the mod page it says it automatically runs the process (is the true?), I checked the ini file to make sure it actually did install (I included pictures as proof)

For previous replacer/body mods I've installed: (top was first bottom as recent)

HG Eyecandys body

coronerras MCS

Sui Guts body

(I installed dmra for a brief time but went back through and deleted it out of fear of ruining my situation even more)

Also, I do not get vanilla textures when im nude. I have a nude body, but it looks nothing like what im trying to get. I also added pictures for that

I have also included various pictures of my data files incase it helps.

It's not mentioned in the mod description, but did you install HGEC first?

If you don't install HGEC then perhaps your character will be fine as long as you choose a race that uses Imperial textures for your character's race, and all theNPCs of races that use Imperial textures will be fine too but the other races (Orc, Dark Elves and beast races) will be messed up (vanilla textures on HGEC compatible meshes).

There is also a problem with the folder used for the first person skeleton.nif ... should be Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson not Meshes\_1stPerson as it has in the extracted download.

This is a mod that requires the user to have a very good understanding of what the game needs to work correctly.

To reply to Striker897. Yes, I did install HGEC. And thank you for clearing up the install path, I was a little confused as they didnt do a good job explaining where files go.

As for the skins, All races have the same nude body shape (different colors duh)

I Appreciate Both Of You Responding Trying To Help Me With My Oblivion Modding Adventure lel. I hope this reply hopes both of you, and if you dont see any screen shots. Lemme Know. :thumbsup:

---> picture(s) link: https://imgur.com/a/2nYtVn6

Since you already have OBMM installed the fix for Steam users will be simple:

Open OBMM and then it's just - click Utilities -> select Archive invalidation -> select BSA Redirection -> click on Reset BSA Timestamps -> click on Update Now -> close OBMM.

As Drake pointed out Steam has "specialized" in breaking BSA Redirection for years by changing the vanilla game BSA file's dates to a modern one instead of year 2006 like they should be. I was under the impression that the GOG version had this problem pointed out to them shortly after they started distributing the game and corrected the problem, but I've never laid eyes on anything except disk versions of the game myself so all I can go on is heresay.

- Edit- The only thing I notice from your pics is that in my own Oblivion.ini the order following sArchiveList= is ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa and then Oblivion - Meshes.bsa (with the remaining entries in that section the same as you've shown). You can easily use Notepad to switch those two around if running through the steps with OBMM's archive invalidation doesn't correct it.
The only other detail I notice is in my Oblivion.ini bUseArchives=1 comes before sArchiveList= (but that may make no difference to the game).
Edited by Striker879

Hmm, going by these pictures it looks like apart from the Sui GUTS mod everything else is set up and working correctly already so far. Even Archive Invalidation seems to be alright, as these are proper HGEC body meshes and textures I see.

The only thing I don't see is the Sui GUTS stuff. So we should really check that one's installed correctly next.