IDEA: Can't point gun at the nice people.

mjp808

It seems to me for realism's sake that you should not be able to walk up to friendlies with your weapon pointed at them or your fists up. You should be required to "R-key" holster whatever you got, or else they A)run or B)attack after a warning maybe. Something along those lines. THX

i like this idea, my first play through when i went to paradise falls, i was greeted to a big sign saying " holster your gun NOW", so i did, half way in there i thought id have some fun and pull it out.. nothing. pointed it at some people .. "hey there stranger!".....

so yeah top idea.

The mod would be ideal if the NPCs verbally warn you, but the added voice recordings would have to sound like the original. Maybe some existing audio dialog snippet can be re-purposed.

Short of that, the NPC should become alarmed, aim back (or weapon up) trained on you, and keep a certain distance by backstepping, and not allowing any dialog. The NPCs friends, associates, or fellow townspeople should also become alarmed and surround you, ready to take you out.

I wish I could make this mod, I think it would add a lot of realism. Thx, all! :smile:

In Fallout 1&2 people would be pissed when you pulled a gun on them, walked into a town with a drawn weapon etc. That always annoyed me, I thing this is a turn for the better. We're not talking about any "realism" here, it's s surreal nuclear wasteland, you could die at any moment anyway and guns are everywhere... It's no big deal if people don't react the way they would in the real world (OHMYGOD HE'S GOT A G-U-N!!!!!) Fallout is not real life ppl.

Archived