Roleplay

fortie

So just out of curiosity what are you guys roleplaying as?

Looking for some more ideas.

I'm currently playing as an Orc Varok Saurfang who lives and travels from stronghold to stronghold.

Living by the code of malacath he doesn't steal or murder unless provoked. Not sure weather to join the imperials or stormcloaks. Will join the companions though and eventually leave the stronghold to wed someone not sure who yet though.

I'm thinking of also maybe playing as a khajit and traveling with the caravans as a bodyguard for a while swapping from caravan to caravan and then maybe become a soul trader going from city to city selling thins. Although khajit are not liked in the city so he would have to be stealthy. He would eventually marry ysolda a she wants to be a trader also so we could work together. What are your ideas?

Edited by fortie

Playing as a retired Imperial soilder who is now travelling from Stronghold to Stronghold trying to survive. He is capable in combat, but now shys away from it.

So basically, your trying to be the legionnaire in Gladiators?... Deceiving people to believing your just an ordinary person but then you were someone of high caliber.

or i could be wrong :)

A ritualistically cannibalistic Bosmer from Valenwood who decided to wander the provinces and meet new people, try new flavors... often at the same time.

Has come to the conclusion that Argonians taste like chicken.

I laughed out loud ^^

I'm playing get-a-vanilla-character-to-a-decent-level-and-stage-of-game-for-dragonborn-DLC

Hes a Dunmer spellblade more or less. He is more or less benign to the common people, but has no qualms about destroying powerful entities to further his own power. Became a vampire lord, decided it was more a hindrance than a boon after the dawnguard storyline. Destroyed the World-Eater and the grandmaster of the greybeards. Is currently seeking to achieve mastery of his magical abilities at the College while searching for more dragon priest masks. Though he has now been caught up in another heroic fetch quest for a certain staff.

This is one of mine:

Lira, an Imperial, was a former member of the Penitus Oculatus, and one of few women given the honor. She was in Solitude, guarding a cartload of goods that was to be sent to the Emperor's ship before its departure. Then the Emperor was assassinated. Overnight, those left of the Penitus Oculatus were outcasts, shunned and embarrassed by their failure to protect the emperor from one little Dark Brotherhood assassin (one little assassin who'd managed to quietly kill every soul aboard that boat). Lira was dismissed for a failure she hadn't even been around to make a difference for; she was uselessly guarding a cart of wilting vegetables while Titus Mede the II was silenced forever.

Abandoned in Skyrim, and with nothing left to lose, Lira decided to go after the assassin herself. After months of careful planning, watching, waiting and listening, her investigation became a subsequent, and unintentional, fascination. Not only was the assassin THE Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, but also the famed Dragonborn who was slaying dragons left and right. They held the title of Thane in cities across Skyrim. They had leadership ties to the Thieves Guild, the Companions, the Stormcloaks, and the Mage's College. They killed trolls, giants, hoards of bandits, vampires, Draugr, and Falmer as easily as shooting fish in a barrel. So, when she finally ambushed the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood as they were leaving the Dawnstar Sanctuary and attacked with everything she had, she already knew she didn't have a chance in hell. Instead, her plan from the start was to give the Listener damn hard time of it. Her steps were light and quick, her blade-work fast. She used potions and scrolls and defended against the Dragonborn's shouts and attacks as best she could, using summons to whittle away their focus and surprise explosions to knock them off their feet.

It was a good attempt, but futile, as she'd known. As she crouched, one knee on the ground with a hand holding onto a bleeding wound at her side, she bid the Listener to finish it. Instead, they said, "Well, that was fun. Now... who are you again?""

That day, Lira failed to counter the Listener's persuade check and ended up joining the Dark Brotherhood. It was Lira's rebirth.

These days, when she's not performing Black Sacrament assassinations, or puttering about on her own interests, she's following the Listener all over Skyrim and beyond, finding out just what it's like to go up against dragons and hoards of Draugr, bandits, vampires and Falmer.

And the occasional surprise! cave bear.

----

I wish Lira was an actual follower. :)

This is one of mine:

Lira, an Imperial, was a former member of the Penitus Oculatus, and one of few women given the honor. She was in Solitude, guarding a cartload of goods that was to be sent to the Emperor's ship before its departure. Then the Emperor was assassinated. Overnight, those left of the Penitus Oculatus were outcasts, shunned and embarrassed by their failure to protect the emperor from one little Dark Brotherhood assassin (one little assassin who'd managed to quietly kill every soul aboard that boat). Lira was dismissed for a failure she hadn't even been around to make a difference for; she was uselessly guarding a cart of wilting vegetables while Titus Mede the II was silenced forever.

Abandoned in Skyrim, and with nothing left to lose, Lira decided to go after the assassin herself. After months of careful planning, watching, waiting and listening, her investigation became a subsequent, and unintentional, fascination. Not only was the assassin THE Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, but also the famed Dragonborn who was slaying dragons left and right. They held the title of Thane in cities across Skyrim. They had leadership ties to the Thieves Guild, the Companions, the Stormcloaks, and the Mage's College. They killed trolls, giants, hoards of bandits, vampires, Draugr, and Falmer as easily as shooting fish in a barrel. So, when she finally ambushed the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood as they were leaving the Dawnstar Sanctuary and attacked with everything she had, she already knew she didn't have a chance in hell. Instead, her plan from the start was to give the Listener damn hard time of it. Her steps were light and quick, her blade-work fast. She used potions and scrolls and defended against the Dragonborn's shouts and attacks as best she could, using summons to whittle away their focus and surprise explosions to knock them off their feet.

It was a good attempt, but futile, as she'd known. As she crouched, one knee on the ground with a hand holding onto a bleeding wound at her side, she bid the Listener to finish it. Instead, they said, "Well, that was fun. Now... who are you again?""

That day, Lira failed to counter the Listener's persuade check and ended up joining the Dark Brotherhood. It was Lira's rebirth.

These days, when she's not performing Black Sacrament assassinations, or puttering about on her own interests, she's following the Listener all over Skyrim and beyond, finding out just what it's like to go up against dragons and hoards of Draugr, bandits, vampires and Falmer.

And the occasional surprise! cave bear.

----

I wish Lira was an actual follower. :)

I loved to read about Lira.

I'm so going to take a stab at recreating her as a follower as soon as I get home!

Expelled from Toril by Mystra for daring to defy the gods, this ex-mage woke up on the bank of what he later learned was the White River, battered, bruised and naked. Nearby was a ruined shack with a corpse that yielded some clothing. A faerie befriended him and brought him fruit. When he regained his strength he began rebuilding the shack and exploring an abandoned prison across the river...

An Imperial tired of the sophisticated urban life of Cryodil and wandering all over Tamriel looking some meaning to in life. A jack of all trades basically, good with both blade or bow, knows a few spells, can concoct a few decent potions, can take care of his equipment, can readily charm the 'strong Nord women' living in their tiny hamlets and can give any Nord a run for his money at drinking mead and brawling. Not above picking a lock (or two) and borrowing a few things when times get tough and always ready to strike a bargain. Wars, politics and religion aren't exactly his thing though experience has taught him to sing along with the chorus. The fates are fickle, one day he is facing the executioners axe and next he was is thane of some lord. Life goes on.....