ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

help, created follower has no dialogue options

xpeonage

Need help. I created a custom follower using the creation kit and it turned out to work fine... except for one thing: when I press the "use" button on her she just keeps talking. The follower options are not showing up. (like follow me, we need to part ways, etc) How do I fix this? I don't want her as a permanent follower so I still need the "part ways" dialogue option. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Well I guess you would need to list the steps you've done to make them a follower. You need to make sure they have a generic voice, such as FemaleEvenToned,FemaleCommander, FemaleYoungEager because not all voices work for making a follower. You will also need to be sure that they are part of the PotentialFollowerFaction with a value of 0, and CurrentFollowerFaction with a value of -1. I hope that helps!

Well I guess you would need to list the steps you've done to make them a follower. You need to make sure they have a generic voice, such as FemaleEvenToned,FemaleCommander, FemaleYoungEager because not all voices work for making a follower. You will also need to be sure that they are part of the PotentialFollowerFaction with a value of 0, and CurrentFollowerFaction with a value of -1. I hope that helps!

The generic voice I used was Something like "FemaleElvenHauwt" I have also PotentialFollowerFaction set to 0 and CurrentFollowerFaction set to -1. I even have PotentialMarriage set to 0. but still dialogue options do not show up when I talk to her.

• 1 month later...

I have this same issue, have tried every known voice type that gives dialogue "even toned" "eager" etc.. Still no dialogue. Given him a releationship, flagging him as ally, I've tried creating new ones. THere must be a bug in the CK? Anyone know why? I've watched all the tutes.. read, no answers. this is really frustrating.

• 2 months later...

I recently started encountering this problem with my created followers. I don't have any follower mods, or anything that might cause issues with my followers. If it's relevant the follower that first started giving me this problem was a vampire, and I currently use the Better Vampires by Brenahain mod. I don't think that'd effect anything, but I could be wrong.

Sorry in advance if I'm necrobumping this.

• 10 months later...

This is incredibly frustrating. I am bumping this and I don't care if it's a necro or not.

I, too, have followed tutorials step by step, I have even copy/pasted other followers in the CK with THE EXACT SAME EVERYTHING and the bug still happens.

Extremely annoying bug, if anyone has a walkthrough for fixing this it would be appreciated.

EDIT - so yeah after scouring the net and troubleshooting for hours, it turns out that certain voices are indeed banned for followers, MaleNordCommander being one of them.

Damn shame, too.

Edited by Dahveed

EDIT - so yeah after scouring the net and troubleshooting for hours, it turns out that certain voices are indeed banned for followers, MaleNordCommander being one of them.

Damn shame, too.

Not "banned". Bethesda simply didn't record the dialogue.