Sigil Stone Light Beam Spell

theuseless

I was wondering if anybody has the ability to make a spell out of SigilLightTowerActive (or another such light beam). I wish to make the beam track a player and damage when hit, like a laser beam. If this is possible, you would make my final quest waaaaaay cooler. I wish to use this in my mod Castle Tharnstein. You can see where the sigil stone will be placed here:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/images/39393-3-1310721198.jpg

The stone will be placed in the center of the white spikey things, in the holder. I wish to make it fire the spell until tethered to a great welkyn stone below it. If such a spell exists, please let me know!!!

The fire effect:

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/8/89/SigilStone.jpg

It is the beam which I want to move. I would make it move with scripting if I could do the math, but I'm not smart enough to do that either.

Edited by theuseless

The scripting for Gareth's beam spell in Knights of the Nine Revelation uses this exact concept. Feel free to reverse engineer it, or get someone else to. :)

Basically here's the rough order of what happens:

Gareth casts a dummy spell on himself.

The scripted effect makes him hold a particular casting pose.

The activator is moved to his position.

Any creature that triggers the activator is treated to some nice damage. :)

Note also that the activator was modified from the original so that it would look good positioned horizontally (and again, feel free to grab it).

Sah-weet! Thanks so much for allowing me to reverse engineer it. It looks like I am going to have to play more of that mod :teehee: Awesome as that mod is, I just haven't had too much time to play, mod and draw. A million thanks and I wish I could add kudos multiple times!!! I will read your credits and make sure that all authors who contributed to the spell get mention in mine!