Star Trek

Skera

Wouldn't it be extreme if it could be possible to have Star Trek like weaponary?

Obviously these items, would have to be bought from either npc's or a vending machine of some sorts, unless one would go to the lengths of having a scenario made up, where it would be prudent, to have say, a crash site, with a replicator maybe, who could "sell" these weapons :P

If i was a wee bit better at graphics i wouldn't hesitate for a second to throw myself into this kind of endavour.. But unfortunatley im more of a bughunter in terms of php and other website related stuff..

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, for the phasers and disruptors that's all you'd really need, and change the sound files of course.

however, if you want to put in say, some Jem'Hadar, their weapons would require a far bit more tooling.

where a hit causes DOT, and unless they use some stimpacks or specific medical supplies, the DOT won't stop until you die to simulate the Jemmie gun's ability to make you bleed to death.

yeah, for the phasers and disruptors that's all you'd really need, and change the sound files of course.

however, if you want to put in say, some Jem'Hadar, their weapons would require a far bit more tooling.

where a hit causes DOT, and unless they use some stimpacks or specific medical supplies, the DOT won't stop until you die to simulate the Jemmie gun's ability to make you bleed to death.

to be fair if (in reality) you get shot be any gun you'd bleed to death, it's just a feature that most (if not all) shooting games have excluded

well the jem'hadar weapon is supposed to have an anti-coagulant in it, how an energy weapon does this is anyone's guess, but it's supposed to cause unusual amounts of bleeding that is extremely difficult to stop, requiring more than a simple medpack or whatnot and requiring hospitalization.

so the DOT thing is mostly to make the weapon unique and simulate how it's supposed to cause more bleeding than one would expect for an energy weapon.

Archived