installscript.vdf always fails to validate

tVEC

I recently upgraded to a HD 7950 from a 6790. Since completely reinstalling Skyrim I have had odd CTDs related to exterior>interior cell changes.

*Side note: Also issues related to the Companions quest (CTDs entering Jorrvaskr and when speaking to Eorlund)

So in an attempt to fix the CTDs I initially ran the game cache validation. It reaquired official .esm's I had cleaned with TES5edit and also installscript.vdf.

CTDs continued. Eventually I came back to the validation tool, and it again reaquired installscript.vdf. And it continues to do that each time I validate. Even if I run it twice. 1 file always fails to validate.

I am using the latest drivers. I have Steam installed on a seperate SSD than Windows so it shouldn't be a UAC issue as other related posts have mentioned.

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

I've been having the exact same problems. this began for me shortly after installing FNIS and a variety of animation mods. I just backed up a copy of installscript.vdf into a rar file and I'll see how that goes. other than That I'd like some input on the problem too.