[LE] Counting quest objectives (x/x total)

So I've been trying to set up a counting quest objective for a couple of hours from now. Basically, this is how I want it to appear:

Kill the invading Virardan Soldiers (x/4)

With x being the number of soldiers killed. I've set up the proper global variables, have given the actors some onDeath scripts so that they add to the global when killed, yet the quest objective does not display correctly. I have the objectives typed out like so:

Kill the attacking Virardan soldiers (<Global=aspCG01VirardanSoldiersGlobal>/<Global=aspCG01VirardanSoldiersGlobalTotal>)

Yet in game, it appears as:

Kill the attacking Virardan soldiers ([...]/[...])

The globals are both set to short and are not constant. I've looked at MQ105 to see how they are set up, and it appears to be set up exactly the same as I have. Even if the scripts were not working properly, it should still display (0/4), as the first global defaults to 0 and the second global defaults to 4. Does anybody know what's going on?

• 6 years later...
You need to add the global's in the main quest tab "quest data" in the blank square "Text display Globals" so that it can recognize the globals.

Sometimes it is necessary to make a new game as well.