Blood Mod (not what you thinK!)

BanjoOz

I'm assuming (hoping) that when the tool set gets released by Bethesda, it will be possible to create new companions. What I'd LOVE to see is an "alternative" (not replacer, if possible) to Dogmeat... "Blood", from the short story/movie "A Boy And His Dog".

I adore the character and his look in the film... I can't think of a mod I'd rather have for F3 than having Blood at my side, giving me snide telepathic remarks!

While Dogmeat is pretty obviously based on Mad Max's dog IMO, all I could think of when playing F3 with him was that I'd rather have Blood. :D

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a geck mod so that dogmeat actually had voicefiles.. and used them on scripted events/ on some events/ very very occasionally and randomly?

Dialogue for talking directly and commands that accompany the normal "woofing", "growling", and "panting" in the background.

Maybe even during some npc and main/side quest encounters as well

Kinda echoy sounding.. mainly directed at the pc..

I keep imagining them sounding kinda like a less computerized version of HAL's synthesizer..

Or maybe a gruff and roughneck version to one of the dogs from homeward bound.. jeh

Would be awesome imo.

I actually watched that movie the other day, but I didn't really feel like Blood (at least the dog species used for Blood) would be very effective as a "combat canine" compared to the "wolf breed" Dog Meat traditionally. However, I think it could be interesting re-writing the Dog Meat dialogue tree to reflect a psychic link between the player and him, complete with voice-over and the sarcastic comments that make Blood awesome.

No matter what we need a mod that allows Dog Meat to "Find Females" the same way as he currently can scavenge up Ammo and Drugs. :D

Archived