Violence censorship patch version

Abenjacan

Hello everyone,

Well, for years i loved to play and re-play fallout classical games which had amazing plots and great entertainment. When the Fallout 3 borned, i definetly bought the USA version. However, when i started to play the game i became terrify with the highest violence levels. Just having a knife on my hand i can decepated and mutilate every thing. The most odd thing is the slowmotion, showing the bullet blowing arms, legs and heads. I can remember that in every fallout classical version,exist in menu a place where you could select the violence level between "none, minimum, moderate and extreme violence". Even the Call of Duty:World at War exist a place where you can censurate all the bloodmess. So, i would be very glad if someone construct some mod which can censurate or moderate the level of violence you wanted. After all, i dislike this kind of realism in modern games.

Regards :smile:

Well...In all honesty you probably shouldve known what you were buying before you went ahead and got the american version. The intense violence was clearly in every preview of the game prior to release, so it really should not have shocked you.

BUT

Im sure the other versions of the game such as german are already censored up, or so i've read in other threads. So it might be in your best interest to get a different copy of the game.

:blink: Wow I never knew someone actually uses those gore options. Personally i enjoy greatly when a raider gets his hand ripped off in a hail of bullets... It gives some primel satisfaction or something mmmmm... Hrmh well maybe if there would be more people like you world would be a better place :biggrin:

To answer your question http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=334

It's modular so you can use just the mods you want.

"Gore Fixes"

Odds of dismembering/exploding body parts greatly reduced (to 10%); Bloody Mess left as it was, for those who want a mess ;)

Try that .esp.

But i find it a little bizarre that you play games in which only purprose is to kill people (COD) but the actual action part disgusts you, even if it's far from reality.

Thanks for answering my question,mates! :thanks:

I'll see if that gore fixes works, if not i will try to return my version to the shop and buy the german or japanese version.

By the way, if i made this i'll need english subtitles for playing the game corretly. Does exist some mods doing that?

P.S - At last, i was very disappointed that Fallout 3 doesn´t have more that funniest dialogues with Character 1 of Inteligence. Any mods to rebuild that? (probably not,right?)

Hello everyone,

Well, for years i loved to play and re-play fallout classical games which had amazing plots and great entertainment. When the Fallout 3 borned, i definetly bought the USA version. However, when i started to play the game i became terrify with the highest violence levels. Just having a knife on my hand i can decepated and mutilate every thing. The most odd thing is the slowmotion, showing the bullet blowing arms, legs and heads. I can remember that in every fallout classical version,exist in menu a place where you could select the violence level between "none, minimum, moderate and extreme violence". Even the Call of Duty:World at War exist a place where you can censurate all the bloodmess. So, i would be very glad if someone construct some mod which can censurate or moderate the level of violence you wanted. After all, i dislike this kind of realism in modern games.

I do think it is a good idea for a mod. For those want to play it but don't want blood and gore.

Hello everyone,

I do think it is a good idea for a mod. For those want to play it but don't want blood and gore.

Yes, indeed. In my opinion, the essence of games is not the gore and violence, but the hole atmosphere you can fell, like the radiation in waters, the sense of beeing in a big desert field with strange creators living and no one to help and so one. I think that Tim Cain, creator of classical Fallout games, achieved this aims and not that free violence. Moreover, the quality of games like Fallout are the plots, the interesting relations with karma and the impact of it in dialogues you choose. A lovely game of cause and conseqüence.

I really don´t understand that fascination for bloodmess games. What´s the problem about shooting something and having as a result this live thing dead with no bloodmess?

Of course i know that somethings are not discussable...and if exist people who love that, it's not my problem. However, i know that exist players like me and like Starch which think in a different way. Concerning the option to reduce gore and violence which exist in old versions of Fallout, why not someone try to restore this? After all, for people who can make a mod of childkiller, it should be not so complicate to do that. So, i'm still having some hope that some lover o Fallout world would construct a mod doing that. Probably it'll be a not very popular mod, i suppose, but which will please some people who see Fallout games in a different way.

this is like someone walking up to you on the street and saying. man i love to go out at night a beat hookers with a hammer but once they start bleedig it ruins the fun of it.

if you dont want gore dont KILL people.

um, No its not.

You dont need gore to enjoy a shooter, and obviously these people dont want it. Thus, bringing up the point of their request.

Hello everyone,

There's mods that change the dismemberment chance. Vanilla, it's pretty ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived