Audio bug: Annoying follower looping shock spell sound

zyg0tic

Whenever I have a follower that is a mage I find that after combat they continue to have a looping sound of a spell loaded, maybe a shock spell, and only loading the game fixes it. They are always following me around and flooding my menu time with the annoying noise. Its super annoying!

Ive tried deleting most of the shock spell sounds that seemed related in the CreationKit but it didnt help!

Does anyone know of a mod or other fix for this issue?

• 4 weeks later...

It's an old bug I've been waiting for ages for someone to fix it and I have no idea how to fix it either. In fact, I found this thread by googling "skyrim follower sound bug" cause I'm still looking for ideas how to fix it.

Only workaround is a quickload. It's not major but a pain in the ass.

Wow. I just discovered this bug last night for the first time (I don't use followers much). I had just finished killing the hags and hag raven at Orphan Rock and heard it just as I almost triggered a left-over Lightning Rune so I thought the noise was coming from that. I Fus Ro'd the rune but I kept hearing the sound. I must have spent ten minutes looking for the other rune before I realized that it was coming from my companion! Edited by CarlCorey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I was really annoyed by that bug so I tried to fix it by replacing every magic related sound with silent files. It took me a while but I managed to determine what file is responsible. In my case the noise was actually a looping sound of a shock spell being charged and ready to fire even though my follower has sheathed his hmm hands, exactly as described in the first post.

To fix it I placed a silent file named mag_icicles_ready_lp.wav in Data\sound\Fx\mag\icicle\ and I think it fixed the problem, and its not very noticeable even if you're using shock spells yourself. But Im not sure if its only related to shock spells, my follower uses only them but perhaps someone else's might be using fire spells and I don't know if fire sound gets stuck on a loop like the shock one. Have you noticed it only with shock? To save time you can download a silent file from here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/691 than rename it to mag_icicles_ready_lp.wav and place it in Data\sound\Fx\mag\icicle\

I'm still testing it and I hope that it works, let me know what you think.

• 1 month later...

A shame this sound engine bug has never been fixed by Bethesda... Try using a follower like Esbern (ask him to follow you) or Marcurio/Riften, Brylena, Jzargo & Illia, and you'll surely notice the same looping sound bug randomly attached (= still playing) to those NPC after combat.

Edited by rolloLG

Affected sound effects are all those under Sounds/Category: MAG*ready (e.g. MAGFirebolt02ReadyLPSD, MAGRestorationReadyLPSD....).

Unfortunately there's no way with CK to workaround this followers/NPCs AI engine annoying bug.

Only thing you can do is remove their "Loop" flag, but then the sound won't loop if you're for example charging fireballs....

Edited by rolloLG

• 1 year later...