hey

aaroncox

not sure what mod i got, but every time i look in a certain direction i see blinding flashing yellow lights... it feels like its gonna give me a brain disorder. anyways just wondering what mod / mods might have caused this. thanks.

That is a really dumb question you know. How can anyone know what mods you have installed? While launching the game click data files and check the mods one at a time till you find which mod is causing the problem. Really dude, with so many mods out there how can you expect anyone to guess what you have installed!!!!! :ohdear:

funny how when i checked every single of my mods, it didnt fix it. so apparently it's something larger than just a mod, it's something else. anyone have an idea?

This is your best choice, uninstall everything and i mean everything. re-install skyrim again, do not put any mods yet. check if its still occuring then the problem would be your hardware.

I'd do as jhncanson said but also check your Graphics drivers are up to date, and check that your GPU is within the minimum requirements for this game. Make sure you don't just 'uncheck' mods when you are looking for a cause to a problem, you need to uninstall it completely as if it replaces textures (such as fog, see below) you will still have the same problem.

I remember a similar problem with Oblivion and Nvidia cards where if you looked in a certain direction the screen would black out. If none of the above work then try one of these mods http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29253 or http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9571 as the problem with Oblivion seemed to be caused by cells with fog, perhaps removing it will fix your problem.

wait ... i think i know what's this ... hmm .. when you look at the sky this happens ? if yes it's not a bug or it has nothing to do with your installed mods . it's a normal reflection of your character to balance the coming light to the eye :rolleyes:

and if you look around you from a bright location to a darker location this will happen too , it's in order to lessen the light or the dark .

i hope this could help you .

an update on my game status. the more i focused on it, i learned a few things. i'ts not from the sun. it happens inside of caves too. when i look in a certain direction it's a blinding yellow flashing light, when i'm in first person view. then when i switch to 3rd person view it goes away, then when i switch back again the yellow flashing comes back. it's not my system requirements to play the game, i've played it for a year straight with no problems before. it's not any of my new mods. my game is installed fine, this just started happening a few days ago. also when i turn around in the game, and look backwards the flashing stops. so it only flashes when i'm facing a certain direction. i tried taking a screen shot of it, but it saved in the bit file format and i dont have any programs to open those pictures up.