Error logs?

GuMNade

Is it possible to find out why skyrim CTD's? An error log that might let us know which mod is causing it? A program that will help?

For example, I currently have maybe 40 mods installed and when the effects/animation for BOUND SWORD occurs the game crashes (bound battleaxe does not wierdly), I cannot find out why this is.

Please help, and thanks in advance :)

You have to open up your 'Skyrim.ini' file and set all of the papyrus entries with a '0' to a '1', enabling logging. They can be found in your users documents folder, under 'games' or 'my games'. You may need to set the ini file to read-only if you launch via the steam launcher rather that SKSE.

Not every crash is a game internal crash - some are caused by things outside of the game. The log may not help much if you have an overheating problem or are getting constant interruptions from a background program.

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated from time to time so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.