Is there anything left to do?

anjenthedog

That raises lots of questions. How is Skyrim non-quest related?

I liked Bruma. But there is really no need to bring in other provinces as Bethesda are doing that.

In other fields (literature, art etc) most of the stuff being produced at any given time is rubbish. The past often looks better because we are only seeing what has survived the test of time. It is worse here because there is no filter - Nexus lets through almost anything. Despite this, I have enjoyed playing with mods and doubt if I would ever have played Skyrim for long without them, unlike the Dragon Age games which are much more complete. Having the freedom this platform offers will obviously attract a lot of very odd people and I for one would put an embargo on dolly presets, bikini armors etc as there are far too many already.

I also avoid town retextures, Open Cities and mods with 'Immersive' in the title (eg Patrols, Citizens) as they tend to immerse one in bugs, although Armors and Jewellery are OK.

Incidentally, there is a workaround for the Boethiah quest too (giving a passive cult member as sacrifice instead of a normal follower).

The filters are there, but they dont work properly. For example, recently I was looking for a simple mod which could put a wheel for spells in the middle mouse button. I know of one for animations, but I wanted one for spells. Something very simple, yet the interface section is filled to the brink with main menu replacers. After blocking 20+ authors, and still seeing those replacers, I dropped the search.

I dont have the burnout from the OP, because I take breaks from Skyrim from time to time, playing other games instead. Recently I played Titanfall 2.

I would recommend playing some other game, then coming back after a month. If this dont work, then it is time to ditch it. As simple as that.

Edited by Wolfstorm

quibble quibble. I walk around the game world(s). So far, skyrim, the released bit of cyrodil, and a couple of islands created for specific quest mods. the question wasn't about the canonical accuracy of my statement about where I roam, it was about suggesting other things to add.

Try Clockwork. I just have as it was offered (free) on CK. I remembered it from Oldrim. The house you eventually get is the most beautiful in Skyrim. Your enemies are skeletons for the first part, then machines. No followers for the main part, but combat is not the main business here.

If you have not tried Helgen Reborn you should. Part of that overlaps with Fight against the Thalmor, but they were designed to be compatible. They should be started after Dragon Rising to avoid conflict with the start in Helgen but have never given a problem apart from the occasional general 'wait for the system to catch up' if you do the quests too fast.

Otherwise I have tried : Beyond Reach, Vigilant, Maids ll, Jerall Mountains, Moonpath, Falskaar, Wyrmstooth (when on Oldrim). The first part of Maids ll is fine, but after that I did not like it. Beyond Reach is grey misery, Vigilant turns out to be more about Molag Bal and everyone seems to die, Falskaar and Wyrmstooth need upgrading (but were good in their day), the Jerall mountains mods are unfinished.

There is also Dragon under Whiterun, which is fine but quite short.

There is a new one 'Shades of the Rift' aimed at thieves which I have started but cannot comment on yet.

Thanks for the suggestions Anselmp. I don't need another home, (I have almost a dozen in strategic locations) but that first one sounds like its worth doing right now in any event. (i'm in a lull at the moment).

Installing after I dodge out of this post.

And the others I'll look at later. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update...

Anselup, Thanks for the suggestion about clockwork. I did it while my old characters were still active, and will again when my new character levels up enough. That's one huge space underneath the house, on par with the largest vanilla dungeons.